Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The OE 365 is 65, the current x-torq is 70.7cc.

I found what you were talking about. Why would anyone buy that 365 when a 372 is the same CC and makes a lot more power.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181023-114741_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181023-114741_Chrome.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 60
I found what you were talking about. Why would anyone buy that 365 when a 372 is the same CC and makes a lot more power.
There's about a $150 price difference. But in the time it takes to remove the cylinder, the transfer covers, and grind out the restrictions, one can turn a 365 into a 372xp. That's the only difference.

Have run a 562 XP and it's a heck of a saw! Have an older stock 359, that does really well and is too reliable to replace yet. But if I were to buy, it would be a cs620 - I've just been really impressed with echo stuff recently. Replaced an ancient homelite 150 with a cs490 (I know, not apples to apples) but the cs490 is a really nice saw at a really nice price, so I think the cs620 would be even more so!

Have run a 562 XP and it's a heck of a saw! Have an older stock 359, that does really well and is too reliable to replace yet. But if I were to buy, it would be a cs620 - I've just been really impressed with echo stuff recently. Replaced an ancient homelite 150 with a cs490 (I know, not apples to apples) but the cs490 is a really nice saw at a really nice price, so I think the cs620 would be even more so!

Is that 590 Timberwolf all its cracked up to be?

own a 590 very nice unit for the price . Also have a 576 xp for bucking . The CS-620 is very capable , as is the Stihl . However for the average firewood cutter the pricing savings within the Echo line is significant .

I don't own one, but the guy who turned me onto Echo has one, and what it can do with a 20" bar seems absurd for a 60CC saw. It flat out screams. He has used it several times a week (on average) for as along has he had it (he's responsible for fire wood for his family and two others who run wood furnaces year around), and think he got it early 2017. It has held up will with minimal modding.

FWIW, he runs amsoil saber in all his saws.

I don't own one, but the guy who turned me onto Echo has one, and what it can do with a 20" bar seems absurd for a 60CC saw. It flat out screams. He has used it several times a week (on average) for as along has he had it (he's responsible for fire wood for his family and two others who run wood furnaces year around), and think he got it early 2017. It has held up will with minimal modding.

FWIW, he runs amsoil saber in all his saws.

Echo says you can run a 25" on the 590. A 27" on the 620. Not that I'd want to try it but. Its impressive that a manufacturer says you can do it.

Ms261c-m and ms461
Have both 261cm and 461R ... STIHL likey my blueprinted 362cm with 18” 3/8 .05 razer-sharp chain ... it will beat-up in the 261cm but lose handedly to the 461R ... don’t know why there’s no love for 60cc saws ... have heated homes and made moolah for YEARS!!!

Latest posts

Back