Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have muff mod & crab retuned 590s and a ported 590. They are fast with lots of power and handle well. The @Red97 ported 590 cuts well above a 60 cc saw. I sent a 6100 and an 039 packing and stuck with the 590s.
Ported 590s are great saws that no one will run at a gtg cause it says echo on it :laughing:. Troller ran mine in chambersburg and was impressed. Stock 590 runs about like an 036.

Echo says you can run a 25" on the 590. A 27" on the 620. Not that I'd want to try it but. Its impressive that a manufacturer says you can do it.
They oil better then most 70-80cc saws.

Let's throw some numbers out just for discussion. Echo numbers are their advertised #'s while the rest is KWF test data.

View attachment 681270

Some of the data seems to fit, some not so much. Was this an independent test, what country was it from? The AV info more than anything has me scratching my head.

Maybe some of you have used them all. If you were only allowed to own one saw (out of this group), which one would it be? I'm just curious about the answers.

Husqvarna 365
Husqvarna 562XP
J-Red 2260 (same as 562)
Stihl MS362
Dolkita 6421
Echo CS-620
The makita 6421 all day long! I like it better than any saw I own

• The king of 60cc saws made today, IMHO has to be the CS-590 mostly because of the low cost. superior quality, simplicity, over the Husky and Stihl.:yes: The Dolmar and Solo are just larger saws with small top ends, good values too though.
    At $399 it’s a bargain no doubt ... not sure of how it will hold up to professional use however ... also the lack of dealer support may factor into the equation ... 074CD962-F655-4BBA-A2B2-B1E5A3C92EEB.gif

• At $399 it’s a bargain no doubt ... not sure of how it will hold up to professional use however ... also the lack of dealer support may factor into the equation ... View attachment 681369
My dolkita is 2 years old and $300 used from home depot tool rental. You can't beat the saw or the price. I guarantee you it will put the Timberwolf to shame and Outlast it that Echo is made out of a lot of plastic. I prefer the dolkita to my Husqvarna and that's a bigger saw
I think the dolmar Makita saws are extremely underrated I have a dolmar one one one which is a 52 CC saw and that thing is a beast for its size

Have a 7910 and the only parts on the 590 that aren't metal that are on the dolkita are clutch cover and handle. When I went looking for Saws we didnt have a dolmar dealer or I would probly have all dolmars.

• At $399 it’s a bargain no doubt ... not sure of how it will hold up to professional use however ... also the lack of dealer support may factor into the equation ... View attachment 681369

Cause the jury is still out on whether or not the 372 can hold up to professional use? Right...

Back