Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which of these 60cc saws is the easiest to start after sitting on my bench for a month?
I ran an 029 Super (and nothing else) for about twelve years. It was a very reliable saw for me, and always started easily. But it was also very heavy and underpowered for a 60cc saw, and the vibes were horrible.

I don't own one, but the guy who turned me onto Echo has one, and what it can do with a 20" bar seems absurd for a 60CC saw. It flat out screams. He has used it several times a week (on average) for as along has he had it (he's responsible for fire wood for his family and two others who run wood furnaces year around), and think he got it early 2017. It has held up will with minimal modding.

FWIW, he runs amsoil saber in all his saws.

The biggest thing for me is I don't see any reason to own a saw that is exactly 60 cc either 50 or 70 plus is where I look for a saw it seems like most people say that a 60cc saw ways to much to be competitive for the weight you might as well be packing around a 70cc Plus my neighbor had an MS 311 I think that's like a 60 or 64 CC and he liked it but I don't know anything about it

I'm sure all manufactures make good 60cc saws, just comes down to preference. If I could only own 1 saw it would be 60cc. I don't need another saw but I would love to run or own a 6421, 6100 or echo cs 590 based on their overall track record.

The biggest thing for me is I don't see any reason to own a saw that is exactly 60 cc either 50 or 70 plus is where I look for a saw it seems like most people say that a 60cc saw ways to much to be competitive for the weight you might as well be packing around a 70cc Plus my neighbor had an MS 311 I think that's like a 60 or 64 CC and he liked it but I don't know anything about it

311 is 59cc

I have a 6100, a 365 special, a Jonsered 2165 and 2063 and I gave my early 262 xp to my nephew. I have never timed them or anything so take this like a grain of salt.
They are all fairly close but the Jonsered 2063 feels the fastest. The dolmar and 262 would be a toss up for second.
The 365 impresses me though since it cuts awesome, it is smooth and quiet compared to the others.

Latest posts

Back