Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget the 560xp, a little animal and very well balanced in my opinion and I'm a stihlaholic
For the USA market Husqvarna has chosen to market their stuffed crank 60cc offering to fit the bars for the larger saws. If one wants the smaller husky bar it is the 555 or Jred 2260 if it is still offered. I think one also needs get the small spline clutch drum to be like a 560.

I have always like the Dolmar line but service is a priority. I travel from Virginia to Florida during hurricane season with a Disaster Relief chainsaw team and the only brand I can get service for almost everywhere is Stihl - Husqvarna is sold everywhere but service.... Our workhorse is the MS 362C-M. I recently attended some additional training and had the opportunity to use the Husky 562. Found it easy to start and use but I didn't care for the balance and thought it felt heavier than the 362. Actually it felt more like a 461 in the hand but a lot of that is what your used to. If you only cut in your local area find a good servicing dealer and use what he sells!

I have always like the Dolmar line but service is a priority. I travel from Virginia to Florida during hurricane season with a Disaster Relief chainsaw team and the only brand I can get service for almost everywhere is Stihl - Husqvarna is sold everywhere but service.... Our workhorse is the MS 362C-M. I recently attended some additional training and had the opportunity to use the Husky 562. Found it easy to start and use but I didn't care for the balance and thought it felt heavier than the 362. Actually it felt more like a 461 in the hand but a lot of that is what your used to. If you only cut in your local area find a good servicing dealer and use what he sells!
I definitely would like to try out the 362 sometime I forget how much they're selling for new now but I think that that's their best saw that they are selling in that size the rest of the stihl lineup is just a bunch of homeowner junk in that size or smaller

I have a old echo cs60s it's a real heavy pig for a 60. That's the only saw I actually own that is a true 60cc
Got to get that thing running one of these days. I kind of think a 60cc saw sort of a goofy size it's going to be kind of heavy you're not going to want to Lug it around all day bucking wood and it's really not that big to cut anything huge that's why I reached for either a 50 or 70

I definitely would like to try out the 362 sometime I forget how much they're selling for new now but I think that that's their best saw that they are selling in that size the rest of the stihl lineup is just a bunch of homeowner junk in that size or smaller

You think a 241 and a 261 are junk ?

I have owned most saws on the list. IMO, 6100 felt like my 365 Husky, just too bulky. 262xp vibrated too much,old school. 6421 and 365 too heavy for 60cc but are fine saws and a good value. 2260 J-Red modified is really sweet.
I have no experience with the Stihl and Echo.

MS-261 all magnesium even the cover, 4.0 HP - 10.8lb 50cc of screaming animal IMO! Don’t underestimate this saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Especially if you know how to modify them properly!

Just ran my 562xp hard today bucking up some 36" (butt end) x 60' long fir. Neighbour had his new 261cm and we swapped saws for a bit. YES, I know there is a 10cc difference so did not expect them to run on par. The 261 cm is a nice light weight, smooth little saw, but definitely not in the same league as the 562xp. A ported & muffler modded 261 cm would be interesting, being lighter, and likely closer to a 562xp in performance.

562xp - a light weight, slim fit, screaming mean 60cc machine that loves to devour wood! :numberone:

Back