~60cc saw under 13lb, that I can find/rebuild for $300 or less

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring1898

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Friend of mine can't handle a 70cc all day due to back and vibe issues.

He normally runs a husky 450, with which I am pretty impressed by how much he does (just not as quickly)

What are some good sub 13lb 60-65cc range saws that I might be able to find cheap? I was going to let him try a 359 I have.
262 probably vibes too much.

359 prices have dropped off a bit. Starting to see runners under $200 on the bay. Every decent rebuilder I see brings too much for me to get interested. Been watching for a 357 crank but all I see someone's robberies the stuffers or maybe used a crank without.

60cc craftsman(poulan) 3000 series. I think are around 13.8lbs
30abb8b6c529ccf298c5b370887aaeb7.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Echo cs-590. Buy one new for almost 350 bucks used runners go for 250

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How are the 036 or echoes with vibration?
I know the 300 series is decent
I was kind of avoiding the 455s because they seem kind of heavy for only 5ccs over the 450.
He would probably still iluse the 450 predominantly, and then the 60cc for the bigger tops and rounds he has

If low vibe is a priority, then your friend needs a spring-damped saw, imo

For 300.00 or less, you’re more likely to find that in a newer 50cc saw, rather than an older 60cc saw.

I have become sensitive to vibes in the last couple of years. There is no comparison between my smooth saws and my “tinglers” when it comes to comfort after an hour or so. My ms362 and Dolmar 420 are all-springs and the smoothest of my saws, fwiw.

That being said, everyone is different and vibrations feel different to everyone.

I don’t like it when my hands go numb when I’m hanging onto a powersaw...

That’s why the ms362 exists in my world. Smoooth, smoooth saw, but probably out of the price range here, and pushing the weight limit to the limit.

Imo, your friend needs a new-ish 50cc hotrod saw, cause they are just fun to run. And light. And smoooth.

Friend of mine can't handle a 70cc all day due to back and vibe issues.

He normally runs a husky 450, with which I am pretty impressed by how much he does (just not as quickly)

What are some good sub 13lb 60-65cc range saws that I might be able to find cheap? I was going to let him try a 359 I have.
262 probably vibes too much.

As I understand this, your friend is weight sensitive, but still needs some power. It is hard to find a saw in your price range that meets your requirements. The Stihl MS361 is just under 13.00 pounds at the power head. The Husqvarna 555 come in below 13.00 lbs as well. Unfortunately, it is hard to find one offered in your price range. Most saws of quality in that weight group will come in over your price range. It was suggested by another respondent that the Echo CS-590 might full fill your needs. It weighs about 13.3 pounds and is a very good saw indeed. If you could find an Echo CS-520, Echo CS-530 in good shape, they weigh in around 11.2 - 11.5 pounds and put out lots of horsepower if muffler modded. Problem is that good ones in great condition are rare as hens teeth in today's market. If he can settle for a little less torque, the Echo CS-450P is an excellent idea. It weighs in at a true 11.47 pounds dry, but has lots of pro features like a metal crankcase, aluminum handle, adjustable oiler, and automotive style air filter. It is imperative that this saw be muffler modified, or it will be a disappointment. Once modified, it will give at least the power that your friend was used to with his Husqvarna 450 and surpass it in durability by a long shot. It will be below your weight requirement. If this is unacceptable, I suggest that you upgrade the search and spend just a little more money. If your friend can scrape up $425, he will be much better served if thought goes into the purchase. A brand new Echo CS-600P might be had for about that some, and some very high quality saws (used) could be purchased as well. But you will be hard pressed to beat the durability of the Echo. In my humble opinion, a modified CS-600P will cut very close to the Stihl MS-362 M and cost you quite allot less.

The problem with the 036/360 that I can see is price. I haven't really seen any under $300 in good running condition.

He is a pretty frugal guy, so I doubt he would spend more than $300. I wouldn't be able to talk him into a nicer 50cc class saw until he has burned up that 450 for the same reason.
It seems like the Husky 359 is probably the best bet, comes in at an actual weight at or just under 13lbs, good anti vibe. I can also let him run one of mine to see if he likes the idea.
Echo's I don't have nearly the hand's-on experience with, maybe only 4-5 times ever.

You should be able to find him a nice 359 or 036 within his budget. I've picked up and sold some in that range in the last six months. Be patient.

Back