6401 to 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tmac23

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
IMG_6001.JPG IMG_6002.JPG IMG_6003.JPG
IMG_6027.JPG Hey guys first post in years (precrash) on arboristsite. I've had a makita 6401 for years and finally pulled the trigger on the 79cc oem top end. This was my first saw rebuild. I've only made a few cuts with it, but it seems to be a beast. I'm looking forward to getting a few tanks through it and see how it performs. I'll try to add a few pics of it wearing its new 24 bar and chain. Thanks for all of the great information.

View attachment 678076 View attachment 678077 View attachment 678078
View attachment 678079 Hey guys first post in years (precrash) on arboristsite. I've had a makita 6401 for years and finally pulled the trigger on the 79cc oem top end. This was my first saw rebuild. I've only made a few cuts with it, but it seems to be a beast. I'm looking forward to getting a few tanks through it and see how it performs. I'll try to add a few pics of it wearing its new 24 bar and chain. Thanks for all of the great information.
How did you get the grey engine cowl to fit the 7900 top end?

How did you get the grey engine cowl to fit the 7900 top end?
It all fit together without any modification. The kit I bought is oem Mahle 79cc. I believe the 7910 top ends are different (decomp on chain side). I'm not sure which colors I prefer. I was just looking to stay oem with the rebuild for reliability (hopefully).

Back