• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 655BP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillwilliam

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A young friend of mine is interested in buying a healthy 655BP. A while back, I built and ported two Husky 2100s for him from whatever junk we could find, and they're fairly strong. Then he tried my 655BP. He's in love.

dcb486496a3371d8b1d7487f6da06cad.jpg

One like this?

cfda1ed84538f63a0f670d32ccc10c34.jpg

A young friend of mine is interested in buying a healthy 655BP. A while back, I built and ported two Husky 2100s for him from whatever junk we could find, and they're fairly strong. Then he tried my 655BP. He's in love.
I took this picture to show off some Pacific Northwest pitch pine and some nice larch rounds after seeing a picture posted of a dirty root wad in the back of a pickup. The poster called it fat wood. I have two strong 655 faller saws that I retired in the 90's that appear in the photo. Both start and run but have old diaphragms and fuel lines that will need replaced. I will accept offers starting at $600 each plus postage US. If interested I will share more details and photos.

Attachments

• Pitch 1.jpg
    Pitch 1.jpg
    794.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Pitch Slabs * Saws (1).jpg
    Pitch Slabs * Saws (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
Any more detailed pics of saws , compression numbers, piston and cylinder clean no scoring.
I'll tell you what know today - I'm only on the computer about once week. Will message phone number if you like. I've cleaned these saws up on the outside some. They have residual oily sawdust still on the inside. I've pulled the mufflers off to see the boost ports and noticed no scores or scuffs. I have no way to check compression but they thump nicely when pulled. Both start and idle. These two pictures have been on file. More pics would take a week or so. These saws are the first two in the foreground of the tailgate picture. (Others have been sold.). I also have some new half wrap handlebars and used West Coast bucking dogs.

Attachments

• 655s (1).jpg
    655s (1).jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Project 655 (1).jpg
    Project 655 (1).jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 27
Those two saws , are they both pretty much just in the same condition ,or any difference in them mechanically or condition wise ?
One has a chain brake on it - the other doesn't. One's missing the plastic cap on the manual oiler. I have a new manual oiler and several used ones with caps... One saw has a more definite piston thump at an idle which in my experience is more desirable. I quit using these saws when emissions outlawed them in the US then switched to Husqvarna. The saws have been stored for over 20 years. No Ethanol before I started them a year ago. Crank seals appear good but will need fuel lines and diaphragms. Cylinder pictures are tough because of lighting. Will pull the bar covers and take pics next week-end if interested.

One has a chain brake on it - the other doesn't. One's missing the plastic cap on the manual oiler. I have a new manual oiler and several used ones with caps... One saw has a more definite piston thump at an idle which in my experience is more desirable. I quit using these saws when emissions outlawed them in the US then switched to Husqvarna. The saws have been stored for over 20 years. No Ethanol before I started them a year ago. Crank seals appear good but will need fuel lines and diaphragms. Cylinder pictures are tough because of lighting. Will pull the bar covers and take pics next week-end if interested.
655 pictures. the ones titled 655 cb are of the saw with the chain brake.

Attachments

• 655 1 CB.jpg
    655 1 CB.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • 655 2 CB.jpg
    655 2 CB.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
  • 655 3 CB.jpg
    655 3 CB.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 655 4 CB.jpg
    655 4 CB.jpg