• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 660's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
Reaction score
i went on a stihl kick there for a bit and for the most part like them but still liking the 390 huskies a little more for all day use. decided i'm not gonna have a bunch of saws sitting around so gonna sell the stihls. maybe 2, maybe them all. depends on how quick they sell as i only have til next monday before i'm off to camp. they will all be at different price points. they are all good runners. i will get some pics up later on today, just getting the ad up now so guys can see it. any interest please PM.

sorry guys, i've been away a bit here. i have one sold but were still talking about it. with this i am seeing i put the ad up prematurely lol i'm gonna get this add updated later tonight and reply to all PM's

I always wodered why you seeked out 660's so much, there solid saws but running a saw all day i'd MUCH rather a 7900 or 390xp. Dem 660's will rattle ya bones.

I always wodered why you seeked out 660's so much, there solid saws but running a saw all day i'd MUCH rather a 7900 or 390xp. Dem 660's will rattle ya bones.

well what happened was my 390 spun a main bearing....... twice lol i was sick of it. tried the stihls and liked them. there are things i like about either but the 390's win for me. i really shouldn't have wasted my time. i tack welded the inner race of the 390's main to the crank this time lol see how long she lasts. it really is about different strokes for different folks. i could run these 660's but i like the 390's more for an all day work saw. so i'm selling these to buy another 390 and then gonna use my rednecked one as a spare.

i'm gonna start working on pics soon here. i've gotten alot of PM's from many people. negotiating with a few members and it will go in a sequence. if someone passes next persons up. there have been a few low ballers. guys these are not parts saws. they will not go for $300. you might find one for $300 somewhere but it'll need work. these ones don't.

k guys, i edited the title. lol these are not fixer uppers. they are good running saws. pics coming up soon here.

K guys. As I said, there is a sequence here but I'm gonna post the pics here so I don't have to send them to every PM. This saw I purchased from a dealer as a rebuilt saw. It has a new OEM crank, bearings, and flywheel, dealer said he used a used OEM top end and installed new rings. Saw runs good and is tuned to 12.8k. This saw had a nicer too cover earlier but the first saw sold ended up with it as part of the negotiation between me and another member. He paid extra for it. Anyways here it goes. Piston looks to have a smear on it but it is smooth. Dealer reused it so must be ok. Lower skirt has all machine marks and upper skirt is more faint but definitely a good top end. Couple other things are that it has an OEM dual port, AM clutch cover with nice for and finish, and HD2 filter with a pre filter. The factory hole for muffler has been enlarged as well. Anymore questions just ask. Looking for $650 shipped. I sadly have more then that in it but I swapped the nice cover from it so that's the way it goes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456967928.067019.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456967961.047321.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456968000.906788.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456968021.861629.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456968047.422501.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456968067.400599.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456968174.786656.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456968193.180253.jpg

by the way, dealer wrote case a fly on there. probably to remind him it was a good case for rebuild? anyways, i wiped it off. i really bought this saw because i like the thought of new bearings and crank. should be a good saw for many many years. other saw pics gonna be coming up

Here's the next one. Again, it had a nicer top cover but it went on the other saw for another deal. This cover came off the saw above. Anyways, this one has a real minty top end. All machine marks very present on piston. It also has the new long shoulder bar studs and clutch cover to match. Has the newer wide seal fuel cap as well. Both saws have HD2 air filters with a pre filter over them and are tuned to 12.8k. The rebuilt one from the dealer actually has a tad more compression. Any questions just ask. Would like $700 shipped for this one. Forgot to mention that this one actually has the lower transfer lip ground out and 2 degrees of intake added. The difference in performance is noticeable just from that.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456973197.374560.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456973275.610743.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456973296.437619.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456973316.347908.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456973338.573918.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456973367.740374.jpg

forgot to mention also that the first saws elastostart handle tore and is just rigged as a regular handle now. works and i actually like it more. any questions about the saws or anymore pics just ask.

by the way. the front of the muffler cages in both saws has been opened up. first saw by dealer, second saw by me. the first saw has the factory outlet enlarged also while the second one just has an older 066 muffler so has the large hole already. if these saws don't sell here before next week i will try sell them in camp lol

Back