661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a lightly tuned YZ-250 that I have ran with Yamalube 2R at 16:1 and premium pump fuel while riding at the dunes. With a paddle tire.Runs great, the plugs are light tan and the exhaust is bone dry. FWIW this hike has an 09 head and if the jetting isn't right it will detonate very easily in its current state of tune regardless of oil ratio. It will not detonate at 16:1 when I set it up right.

Think whatever you want. The saws I build always get an increase in compression. More oil keeps the bottom ends from failing. I've seen the results of 50:1 in a performance engine. Melted rod bearings are common at that ratio. If any saw I build is used at 50:1, I will not be responsible for it's failure.

Oh, since I've only built about 800 saw engines in the last five years......am I screwing with saws too much?
I pulled the muffler on my stock 254xp to mod it and it was drier than a desert at 50:1. I'm a 32:1 guy now.

The tree I'm cutting on... cuts should take a while. And the 404 full comp 36" I think would show more of a difference if more power is gained or lost. If there is a temp difference that should be telling. If there is a big enough difference in time that will be telling.

Update:

Trx250r180 is sending me some belray h1r so that will be in the test, but will push this back a couple of days to next Tues or Wed.

Got the chains -

v7cdas.jpg

Do you guys want me to use the stock muffler? Or this extra one I bought and opened up?

33w45xi.jpg
How much did you have to pay out for that muffler?

SO whats the results???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????................?

I never had a problem with R50 in fact it left the best coating of oil i've seen, the Super Techniplate leaves a nasty black sticky goo. But that was on a snowmobile.

That was the reason I quite using it and went to Polaris VES. The Pol was spendy, but better than what I could find out here.

Pinging can be from either pre ignition or detonation. Although in my expiereance pinging is more associated with pre ignition and detonation makes more of a knocking sound with a corresponding loss of hp under load.
No it cant. Ping is NOT the used interchangably to define both preignition and detonation. Ping IS detonation and typicall does no harm to engines. Preignition typicall causes catastrophic engine failure due to peak firing pressure before TDC of the stroke. This can bend rods and cause piston and ring failure.

Latest posts

Back