661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
78172b467efee714558fef387c10aeb3.jpg

by the way, is lucas really boat oil? never saw TCW3 anywhere on the bottle but i'll look again. it's been working for me just fine and that pic yesterday was after ripping. pic above is the same saw with the big bore just an hour ago. free hand ripping. rough for sure but i don't care cause they only got to work as fire pit benches :) by the way, saw hung a ring because of a ****** golf piston kit. ring broke and hung up in exhaust port. took a bunch of plating with it. had the golf here so i figured i'd give it a go but it wiped out a good strong running ported top end. :( the reason i use lucas is because i get it for $7 CAD a litre.

Boat oil Shane ,let any saw idle for a bit it will be wet like that inside ,let me see a pic after you mill a slab or buck some 30 inch rounds one after another for firewood .

no thank you. your just gonna have to believe me it was ripping. only reason i even posted the pic was cause i had the jug off to replace. i don't remove a jug unless it needs to come off. the old jug was actually seized. had to pound the piston out through the plug hole lol.

I'd like to see you produce any of evidence that disproves the combustion engine engineering fundamental quoted, two stroke, four stroke, petrol, gas or diesel, however old it maybe, carbon is carbon.
Anything that happened the day before yesterday can be regarded as outdated, just not quite as much like 16:1, 25:1, 33:1 or such in working 2 stroke engines.
More BS from you per usual. Information is only good if you have the mental faculties to interpret it, which you don't.

Boat oil Shane ,let any saw idle for a bit it will be wet like that inside ,let me see a pic after you mill a slab or buck some 30 inch rounds one after another for firewood .
Lucas isn't boat oil fwiw. At least not the stuff I have seen.
And yiur right on the way a motor is run prior to shutdown having a huge influence on residual oil.

More BS from you per usual. Information is only good if you have the mental faculties to interpret it, which you don't.
You haven't even attempted to provide some evidence, but instead have started on your lame insulting tone already, you're the BS artist here & prove it every time you post with the lack of facts or evidence, how about trying something different by just disproving the facts I have pulled from a world recognised combustion engine engineering textbook.

No its not.
The Lucas semi synthetic states right on the bottle "Use in chainsaws, snow mobiles, leaf blowers, weed eaters, etc."
I have used several quarts of it and nothing has blown up.:eek:

I've used it a lot in the past too with no issues. Started using it when sunfish I think it was started talking about it. Used it for a year I guess but then started using Castrol super 2 stroke because of availability. I can only get the deal on Lucas in the closest city but I've been stocking up when I go to be sure I don't run out. Just gonna run the Lucas from now on as that's what's cheapest for me. Even the sonic co-op gas station stuff is more expensive then the Lucas.

I've used it a lot in the past too with no issues. Started using it when sunfish I think it was started talking about it. Used it for a year I guess but then started using Castrol super 2 stroke because of availability. I can only get the deal on Lucas in the closest city but I've been stocking up when I go to be sure I don't run out. Just gonna run the Lucas from now on as that's what's cheapest for me. Even the sonic co-op gas station stuff is more expensive then the Lucas.
Do you have a Conoco Phillips Distribution center close by?

Lucas isn't boat oil fwiw. At least not the stuff I have seen.
And yiur right on the way a motor is run prior to shutdown having a huge influence on residual oil.
I put that there to mess with Shane .he gets worked up real easy lol

i don't even know what that is lol there is the sticks and some people live there. then there is the sticks of the sticks where few people live. that's where i live lol
I hear ya. I spend the day working 25 miles outside of a town of probably 40 people. (but there cattle count is probably 10,000) They have to drive almost 2 hours to buy groceries.

Conoco Phillips has this oil. I called my local distribution center and they sell this oil for almost a third of Lucas here.
http://www.phillips66lubricants.com/mobile/Single.aspx?pid=39&brand=

oh ya, there must be some kind of a place like that here. the 76 brand gas stations used to stock it. one of the guys i work for buys it by the cases of bar oil and that oil. i have no idea where he gets it though as i haven't seen it anywhere. must be ordered in. one of the licensee's also have the bar oil and i usually buy it off them for $2.40 a jug.

oh ya, there must be some kind of a place like that here. the 76 brand gas stations used to stock it. one of the guys i work for buys it by the cases of bar oil and that oil. i have no idea where he gets it though as i haven't seen it anywhere. must be ordered in. one of the licensee's also have the bar oil and i usually buy it off them for $2.40 a jug.
Yeah they have to order it here also. I have a case on order right now, not back for $50 a case.
You might want to check into it to lower your expenses.

Back