661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So now your a big man now trying to somehow associate the intellectually disadvantaged in a debate, what an hero! Were you known as biff the bully at school or his not so bold Internet apprentice?
And all because you can't backup anything with any independent facts!
I know you think you have provided facts on this subject. You havent.

I don't know where to start with such stupidity. The increased wear of a two stroke has to do with their higher output, and the fact that total loss lubrication delivers precious little oil to where it's needed vs a pressurized lube system as found in most four cycles.
ha ha, now you have more unfounded claims, I'd doubt any proof will ever emerge backing them up but a miracle may happen one day or night. This is a great game where you show what you actually know. I've already said I not an expert, let's see who's honest here.

Because 4 cycle engines don't have ports in the cylinder. Than add heat, rpm's, less oil, higher output, the list goes on. Sorry but you're clearly out if your depth.
That's your claim, please provide some evidence except for the undisputable one of the mechanical difference between 2 & 4 stroke.

Of course I don't know what I'm talking about & nobody here does either, but my dad was an engineer & he did know! I've just taken a pic from one of his books, you dyed in the wool excessive oil burners just don't want to accept the principle of the combustion process when oil is present in the cylinder, why do think 4 stroke engine piston, rings & cylinders last around 10 times longer than 2t engines even with lower spec materials. It all comes down to top end abrasion from carbon

By what metric do 4 strokes last about 10 times longer than 2 strokes?

Certainly not by revolutions, which seems the appropriate measure when "top end abrasion" is the end all be all.

At 2200rpms and 60mph, a mile takes 2200 revolutions. 400,000 miles would be 880 million revolutions.

At 9500 rpms it would take about 1544 hours to make 880 million revolutions. Which is not unreasonable for a $1000 saw.

Oversimplification, sure. But still interesting.

Certainly not by revolutions, which the seems the appropriate measure when "top end abrasion" is the end all be all.

At 2200rpms and 60mph, a mile takes 2200 revolutions. 400,000 miles would be 880 million revolutions.

At 9500 rpms it would take about 1544 hours to make 880 million revolutions. Which is not unreasonable for a $1000 saw.

Thanks! I was thinking the same! And what is quite interesting we see a similar situation in nature, over their life span mamals have a similar heart beat be it either turtle or colibri.

Certainly not by revolutions, which seems the appropriate measure when "top end abrasion" is the end all be all.

Or how about say caterpillar 3606 engines that used to regularly do 30,000 hrs @ 2100 rpm in power generation before head reconditioning, let's see 2100 X 60 X 30,000 = 3,780 million revolutions , then if run under light loads where the bore glazes & oil gets past the rings onto the cylinder walls then burnt, the top ends & liners barely last 3,000 hrs & they are completely toasted, I know it's not comparing apples with apples with grey cast iron liners & cast iron rings vs nikasil bores & chrome plated rings or only a little more than 4:1 in revolutions, but hour wise it's 20:1, which was the original intent of the statement of "lasting longer"
To look at it another way, say a 70cc 2stroke single cylinder air cooled engine in a motorcycle doing 9500 rpm at 30 mph, at 10,000 miles it would be well & truly worn out with more rattles than a millionaires baby & that's with a nikasil bore & chrome rings, that would be 10,000 / 30 = 333 hrs, not real good at all.

Or how about say caterpillar 3606 engines that used to regularly do 30,000 hrs @ 2100 rpm in power generation before head reconditioning, let's see 2100 X 60 X 30,000 = 3,780 million revolutions , then if run under light loads where the bore glazes & oil gets past the rings onto the cylinder walls then burnt, the top ends & liners barely last 3,000 hrs & they are completely toasted, I know it's not comparing apples with apples with grey cast iron liners & cast iron rings vs nikasil bores & chrome plated rings or only a little more than 4:1 in revolutions, but hour wise it's 20:1, which was the original intent of the statement of "lasting longer"
To look at it another way, say a 70cc 2stroke single cylinder air cooled engine in a motorcycle doing 9500 rpm at 30 mph, at 10,000 miles it would be well & truly worn out with more rattles than a millionaires baby & that's with a nikasil bore & chrome rings, that would be 10,000 / 30 = 333 hrs, not real good at all.

So if you pull an extreme outlier for each example, butcher the arithmetic, change your defintions, then your original statement works!

Makes sense.

So if you pull an extreme outlier for each example, butcher the arithmetic, change your defintions, then your original statement works!

Makes sense.
:bowdown::lol::laughing:

Well of course we should all recognize the absolut authority on two stroke engines! Getting fantastic 10000 miles out of a two stroke bike is of course unheard of over here! We get, with regular minimum maintenance, out of the two stroke 50ccm automatic scooters running 30miles per hour on average 50000 - 100000km (31 - 62000 miles) without any engine rebuild prior to that...

Latest posts

Back