661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad's engines often hold very good rpm under load - unlike some others. Several guys who make fast saws have made use of the audio spectrum analyzer. Others wonder how their saws are performing under load, then make ignorant comments like yours.

Hmm, I dunno. What about horizontal elongation over time due to the removed metal? Even half a millimeter is enough to distort your grain boundaries, and generate cracks causing catastrophic failure. It's explained with perfect simplicity in this paper. ;) http://ir.lib.uwo.ca/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2182&context=etd

I agree with the second sentence.

Not to mention the bandwidth issues, lag, timeout, and general malaise of the datastream off this site. Maybe just ban all the Stihl owners from say, 9am-10pm, then it would only take 2 1/2 rather than 4 tries to load a page during busy hours. :p Then change the login box to orange text on orange background for all the Husq/Echo owners. Smurfy green for all the Dolmar/makita owners. Sure this would require a massive amount or IP logging and processing. You'd just need to add 3-4 more server blades to handle the extra load. And then, uh, profit!?

Not to mention the bandwidth issues, lag, timeout, and general malaise of the datastream off this site. Maybe just ban all the Stihl owners from say, 9am-10pm, then it would only take 2 1/2 rather than 4 tries to load a page during busy hours. :p Then change the login box to orange text on orange background for all the Husq/Echo owners. Smurfy green for all the Dolmar/makita owners. Sure this would require a massive amount or IP logging and processing. You'd just need to add 3-4 more server blades to handle the extra load. And then, uh, profit!?
Naw I like the Stihl guys. It's the Dolmar fanboys and some Echo hugger causing all the trouble now. ;)

Are you directing this comment at me?
No, it was just just cast out there to see what nibbles it got, I too was a 25:1 user myself once apon a time back before synthetic oils became common, but never got addicted to it, so that makes me a reformed nong.
Tanski

tree monkey 661
36" tsumura
8pin sprocket
(2) new 36" oregon full comp square chains
same bar oil, clean air filtered, topped off gas etc etc.
I ran almost a tank of each (so mtronic would get used to each) before I did the test cuts.

Dumonde DTP 36:1 91 eth free
Honda Hp2 36:1 91 eth free

Wanted to see 32:1 and 40:1 but not enough time or log. So did 36:1 haha

I bought the gas and mixed them up at the same time.

Times - note on log 3 honda hp2 cut - I did have more of the tip in the wood and it cut a slightly larger slice closer to the end.

jI766Vw.jpg

keep in mind different ratios might of performed better or worse. But I was very curious about these two so I did this little mini test.

one thing I noticed - the saw seemed hotter with the dumonde. My buddy is on vacation so I didn't have access to the thermo gun. Again I was just curious to try these two. ...and I will do them again in the big test.

Very nice pictures! Although 2.5 gallons of mix is hardly anything and I expect even with simple engine oil to see similar pics. I would asume seeing any real quality pictures only after at least 10x as much!

Back