661R Fever ...it's here!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coltont said:
Why the hell would you care care what the color of the muffler was. It is a chainsaw. It is not an interior wall inside you house. You guys that buy 661s and saws of that size to cut cookies and put 2 tanks of fuel through the saw a year are pathetic.
Because they can and many others are going to buy the 661 as well, heck I might even buy one myself just because of the great things I have read about them and if I buy the 661 I assure you it would be for ***** and giggles. The 441 C-MQ with the R conversion on it will handle anything I might need to tackle around the family farm so why does it bother you and makes you feel that us non loggers should not own one?

I'm not a logger, but I sure have a need for this saw. That's me at the base of the tree. Dropped it with my MS362 C-M with a 20" bar. My MS661R C-M will make short work of the rest of the big 'uns on my buddy's property this spring, after the melt. I may be "just a firewooder", but maybe I am a logger at heart. :dancing:IMAG0332 (1).jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
coltont said:
Why the hell would you care care what the color of the muffler was. It is a chainsaw. It is not an interior wall inside you house. You guys that buy 661s and saws of that size to cut cookies and put 2 tanks of fuel through the saw a year are pathetic.

I'm not a logger, but I sure have a need for this saw. That's me at the base of the tree. Dropped it with my MS362 C-M with a 20" bar. My MS661R C-M will make short work of the rest of the big 'uns on my buddy's property this spring, after the melt. I may be "just a firewooder", but maybe I am a logger at heart. :dancing:View attachment 400886

YOU don't have to be a logger to own a 661
It's not just a logging saw its a saw that is needed to cut wood that a 38cc/45 52 62cc etcetera won't cut its a horse power to timber size ratio.any of those who own a 661 will strongly agree that they would own a second 661
Hey I think most of us end up just a firewooder but a logger at heart
Any way bein a firewooder is a form off logging

Well I'm in to 12-15th tanks of gas now and the 661cmz is smokin through this big red gum it's just eating it I'm VERY IMPRESSED with the saw it was goin through this big red gum with ease only had the 22inch b/c

And I QUOTE

Just got a package in the mail today was from stihl as I brought a 661cmz and a 251 back in December
Anyway got sent a questionnaire on how I was treated and looked after by the dealer etc etc at the bottom of the questionnaire it had a place for comments.
And I fulled it up with some really good ones anyway here's some pictures of wat they sent me image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg I'm not sure if they send this stuff out to everyone who buys a 661 but it's free stuff and I will take it any day of the week:rock:

I owned a 066 for a short while, the early cylinder with no decompression valve. That saw is a demon a friend of mine wanted one bad and I had saws, of bigger and smaller.Will never forget the big grin on his face the first time he was able to cut with it, priceless and very satisfying. Newest biggest baddest has been here and gone again and again.

One in particular comes to mind, trade your ms200t in for the newer badder ms201t. Have never had the pleasure of owning either saw, but the ms200t was one of those iconic saws that every other is compared to.
From my understanding people the ms201t was figured out to get gains, and is accepted now albeit a bit heavier. I would like to see a head to head the older 066 vs a 661r. Then you have an old school comparison, can the newer saw compare or exceed an iconic predecessor. And can it win a place in the hearts of die hard fans of a particular saw, that is a real upgrade in my opinion.

I owned a 066 for a short while, the early cylinder with no decompression valve. That saw is a demon a friend of mine wanted one bad and I had saws, of bigger and smaller.Will never forget the big grin on his face the first time he was able to cut with it, priceless and very satisfying. Newest biggest baddest has been here and gone again and again.

One in particular comes to mind, trade your ms200t in for the newer badder ms201t. Have never had the pleasure of owning either saw, but the ms200t was one of those iconic saws that every other is compared to.
From my understanding people the ms201t was figured out to get gains, and is accepted now albeit a bit heavier. I would like to see a head to head the older 066 vs a 661r. Then you have an old school comparison, can the newer saw compare or exceed an iconic predecessor. And can it win a place in the hearts of die hard fans of a particular saw, that is a real upgrade in my opinion.

If you go back a few pages "redbull" has done a lot of test videos with the 660 and a 661 can't remember if he used a o66 or not
I have a o66 with the decompression button and the 661cmz just blows it away

I can honestly say that I'm impressed with the new 661cmz with a 22 b/c haven't put a 36" bar on yet waiting on some new chains

Thanks alot guys.... was happy with the 2 saws i had!!!(029 290) then had to go get a 362 cm after reading about it on here. Love it!!! Then 2 days later went back to my dealer to pick up some new chain.... and i walk out with a 661 R c-m!!!!

I think i have cad now

When i got the 661 i originally wanted to look at the 441 but my dealer said he couldnt get at the time. So i asked about the 461. Looked at it liked it started pricing one out when the 661 arrived at the store... $100 more and i went home with the 661.

Latest posts

Back