670 vs 272

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but this is where it fits. I have a strong running Jred 670 and will be picking up a well used Husky 272. Looking forward to comparing them. Also have all the bits to make the Jonny a 72cc saw haha

I just finished putting together a 670 with a husky66 p/c,carb, &muffler...I Love it!! The 66 uses the closed port 50mm gildroni p/c, it’s a high quality piston and cylinder, made in Italy
The 670chassis makes a lot faster saw than the husky61,66 did I swapped that setup on all three!!

It's great that a lot of the parts interchange. When the 670 first came out they used the same 630 crankcase,but because of the extra power guys were using longer bars and "levered" harder on the saws and some crankcases cracked. Jonsered then beefed up the crankcase on following 670's.

Thanks fellas
Always liked this Jonny for the wsy it ran. One thing i found is that wot cutting was a waste. It seemed to cut better at a lower chain speed. Might have been due to chain sharpening as back then i had zero clue about that
Went through the old saw and got it ready to work now
Even found my bill of sale

Attachments

• IMG_9418.JPG
    IMG_9418.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Received the parts to restore the 272 to its former self. A new crank, piston, bearings and seals. Now to find torque specs etc and it can go back together

Any proof to a 670 having a different case then its similar 1 piece saw on the 625 and 630. I have all 3 and dont see the difference other then coil configuration.

Any proof to a 670 having a different case then its similar 1 piece saw on the 625 and 630. I have all 3 and dont see the difference other then coil configuration.

The difference in cases is when you go from the later one pice ign to the earlier two piece ign. The flywheel side is the only case change.....the pto side remained the same through out the entire production run. The notable changes are where the module bolts in, the way the crank seal is installed on the flywheel side and the position of the front left top cover screw. The place where the module bolts into the case is a rounded area(more the shape of the one piece coil) on the late saws and a rectangular area on the early ones. The crank seal is mounted in a carrier that is o-ringed to the case and held in place with three screws on the early version but on the late version the seal mounts directly into the case and the carrier and o-ring are eliminated. The top cover screw location is forward of the top left recoil screw on the early saws and aft of the recoil screw on the late saws......the recoil cover fits all models so the position of it' s screws remains constant. All three late models with the one piece ign saws were marketed as Super II's but the 670 could also be called "The Champ" in it's latest version but is the same as the 670 Super II except for the stickers. The latest versions also had recirculating carbs.....that is, besides the usual fuel line they also had a return line to the tank.

I think husky discontinued the 266se and it got a red color as the Jonsered 620 or 630 if I remember correctly. I was working for the husky dealer part time. I think in time Jonsered took the 630 to a new level.

I think husky discontinued the 266se and it got a red color as the Jonsered 620 or 630 if I remember correctly. I was working for the husky dealer part time. I think in time Jonsered took the 630 to a new level.

Nope......630 Jonsered is 48MM......266 and 268 are 50MM as is the 670 Jonsered but all the same family

Back