7/16 chain tie straps???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walterm

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My Poulan K-100 has 7/16 chain on it. I need to take some links out/make it shorter. It's a bow saw and the bow is adjusted all the way out. Where in the world do I find some 7/16 inch tie straps for the thing? Thanks

Thanks for responding Philbert and Dhamer........... Any suggestions on where to continue looking for 7/16 straps? I guess I'm calling those side plates correctly by saying "straps"? I think I shortened this chain way back years ago and just carefully peened the old rivets back down. Heck I know I did that cause I can fine the exact spot on the chain tonight by looking. Not really safe to do it this way but it works. I do not use this old saw much. This saw belonged to my maternal grandfather, he used it on his farm back in the day, so it's a family piece you might say. I got other saws I can use. I even have a brand new fully looped together 7/16" chain but it's a few links too long for my Poulan bow saw also. Any suggestions on who or where to start bugging folks for 7/16" links? I just feel like if I look long enough someone will have a few straps, etc that they may sell me. Old and obsolete I understand but it's out there somewhere............ Thanks Guys...........Walter in Georgia

Like these?
d4d2fdf77c1b03a760f603d8b728cc7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yep sawnami, I am not a pro at this stuff but that looks a whole lot like it to me. I just found some on Ebay and bought it. Thanks to fwgsaw I found it Ebay by searching under the words "Vintage Oregon Chain" I have looked on Ebay before but had not found the right spot. I just found the right spot. You go some 7/16 " links and correct rivets for my old chain? Just in case something does not pan out for me?

Thanks Driver, Mine is .063 gauge. While I'm here........What is the consensus concerning the cutter tooth face angle? I suppose I describe d that bout right? The original manual, which I do have, that came with the Poulan saw said to sharpen at 45 degrees. I suppose it depends on several factors, 45 sounds steep to me. I was thinking 30 degrees. You guys care to share your thoughts on this. I don't cut a lot with this old K-100 but it's good for me to learn......Thanks

Latest posts

Back