70 cc Huskys - Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are still waiting to hear about the autotune 575xpne that feature alone would keep me away from an 575xp. It seems to have improved specs but I think they blew it with the 575xp.

What I believe is that they use 575 as a test vehicle for future technology - the NE one and the auto-tune one are moves in seemingly different directions...........
:)

What I believe is that they use 575 as a test vehicle for future technology - the NE one and the auto-tune one are moves in seemingly different directions...........
:)

It sure seems so now. Maybe their reasoning is that the 575 name is already wasted, so lets try every idea we can think of with that model name, be it any kind of long shot. Later, when it's "feature complete" and "quality stable" they put out a new, maybe 576, based on the 575, but without the untried experiments. That way the "576" might be able to gain user recognition and appreciation due to 575 taking all experimental abuse...

However, the few that owns and use the 575 seems to much more happy with it than those of us that never tried it... Hmm, that sounds familiar...

It sure seems so now. Maybe their reasoning is that the 575 name is already wasted, so lets try every idea we can think of with that model name, be it any kind of long shot. Later, when it's "feature complete" and "quality stable" they put out a new, maybe 576, based on the 575, but without the untried experiments. That way the "576" might be able to gain user recognition and appreciation due to 575 taking all experimental abuse...

However, the few that owns and use the 575 seems to much more happy with it than those of us that never tried it... Hmm, that sounds familiar...

I suspect exactly the same.....:cheers:

You're right

Tough yes, but I think you are the best judge youself, regarding what you need....

I don't think you will find much feedback on the NE575xp - you are in fact the first one I have seen reporting to even have seen one in the US.

...and you need to keep that 361 hostage, in case the Stihlheads attack you.....:laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl: :rockn:

:cheers:

ST you're right. It would be a good idea to keep the 361 as a buffer from all the Stihl zelots!!! :)
However it comes down to an economic choice also - I don't really need two 60cc saws, and the 261 is really hot now with the 262 jug and piston set up.
I think I could get more for the 361 than the 261 so the transition to a 70cc saw would be more econmically feasible.
Any way I'll think about it for a while and try to sort it all out. . . it's not like I have to have the 70cc saw immediately. Maybe by then more info will be available on the NE 575.

Thanks - - Al

If you want a tried and true saw, the 372 fits the bill.

If you want unproven alien technology in a complex POS, the 575 is right for you. But it will make the EPA happier, and of course we ALL want that.

:cheers:

Back