70+CC saw recommendations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can’t buy new husky saws there. The 288 has more power than the 266/268 and it’s a tad larger but it’s a animal too.

I try to buy the larger saw.

You can’t buy new husky saws there. The 288 has more power than the 266/268 and it’s a tad larger but it’s a animal too.
I’d say it’s unlikely to come across a 288 in my neck of the woods. In fact I’ve never seen one for sale

I’d say it’s unlikely to come across a 288 in my neck of the woods. In fact I’ve never seen one for sale

Im thinking Australia is a lot like canada where i live.

Sparsely populated and not a ton of big saws for sale.

Keep your eyes open and Im sure you'll find something.

Can you mail order one from Europe?
I’m unsure about that. I’ve never looked into it to be honest!

I would rather buy second hand from someone on this site that is vouched for though (assuming they ship).

Then again, maybe I should just start looking for ported 372’s!

I’m unsure about that. I’ve never looked into it to be honest!

I would rather buy second hand from someone on this site that is vouched for though (assuming they ship).

Then again, maybe I should just start looking for ported 372’s!
If you get a well ported 372, I doubt you'd regret it. And you won't need a 90cc saw much either. They balance well, have the best AV, and will easily pull and oil a 36" all bar all day if needed.

If you get a well ported 372, I doubt you'd regret it. And you won't need a 90cc saw much either. They balance well, have the best AV, and will easily pull and oil a 36" all bar all day if needed.

I really want a 372 but here in nz its around the same money for a nice 288 so I think I'll have me 1 of those first lol 4 to 500nz buys a tidy 288 to me that's a hell of a saw for not alot of moolah and there always around for sale too

@Brewz

Not sure where you are in Australia, but Tony is in Victoria NSW and knows his stuff. I bet he can even hook you up with a good rebuild or a screamer if you want.

He cuts what you’ll be cutting and would be a valuable source for opinions. Also honest as the day is long.

Just sayin.

Mate, it’d be great to find someone local to have a yarn with! Blokes from Australia on this forum seem pretty scarce.

Cheers for the intro.

Im thinking Australia is a lot like canada where i live.

Sparsely populated and not a ton of big saws for sale.

Keep your eyes open and Im sure you'll find something.

That’s right, There’s heaps of 40cc stuff available but not much big stuff!

That’s right, There’s heaps of 40cc stuff available but not much big stuff!

I live in the center of Canada where 90% of saws are 50cc and under so i feel your pain..

With some patience and a bit of luck I've managed to snag several 70cc saws all for very reasonable prices.

Most people around here have no idea the production that can be achieved with a good 70cc saw meaning the big stuff here often sits unsold.

Hopefully you will luck out.

Latest posts

Back