70 days to go

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrider

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
IMG_2109.JPG IMG_2110.JPG IMG_2111.JPG IMG_2112.JPG IMG_2113.JPG IMG_2116.JPG Yesterday was the first full day of summer break. I have about 25-30 cords down and about 70-80 to go. Loving the tw6. Just under 80 hours on it so far total. Umbrella really helps once the sun is beating down.

Nice pile so far.
Do you burn all that or is some for sale?
Those boys yours? They're working hard there looks like.
I sell all of it minus the cutoffs and ugglies which go in the OWB. Those are kids I hire to help out. They did a decent job today

I'd be more worried about the hearing loss. It's happening, so cover up those ears. You can recover from scratches and bruises - not from hearing loss.
Other than that, looks like good clean fun, if it's not too hot. I find a good box fan also really helps keep you cool.

IMG_7550.JPG

I'd be more worried about the hearing loss. It's happening, so cover up those ears. You can recover from scratches and bruises - not from hearing loss.
Other than that, looks like good clean fun, if it's not too hot. I find a good box fan also really helps keep you cool.

View attachment 659735[
They all listen to music with their ear buds. When I split, I listen to music as well but I have my Bose sound blockers on so the music is very low.

Great looking operation. If I can ask, what is your profit margin per cord after labor and machinery depreciation?
I've never figured it out but I do know I have significantly more money coming in than going out. I'm trying to keep a close track of expenditures this year though.

jrider It's nice to see you still can find some young men that will work. I need about 15 cords a year for my self and around here you can't find any kids that want to do that kind of work. As the farmers have gotten bigger the pool of help got smaller. We only have acreage kids around here any more and they spend the summer playing ball in the city.

I'm still floored that NJ actually has a country side and isn't all city!
Says the guy who has never spent much or any time here.... Even though it's the most densely populated state, there is a lot of farmland and of course the Pinelands National Preserve which is around 1.1 million acres. My moms farm (where the wood is) is located within Wharton State forest which is the largest state forest east of the Mississippi.

Says the guy who has never spent much or any time here.... Even though it's the most densely populated state, there is a lot of farmland and of course the Pinelands National Preserve which is around 1.1 million acres. My moms farm (where the wood is) is located within Wharton State forest which is the largest state forest east of the Mississippi.

It wasn't a shot at you or NJ. I just don't think I have ever saw NJ on tv where it was anything but a city. I think Soprano's and Atlantic City. Not a nice looking country setting like you posted.

It wasn't a shot at you or NJ. I just don't think I have ever saw NJ on tv where it was anything but a city. I think Soprano's and Atlantic City. Not a nice looking country setting like you posted.
I get it. Sorry if I came off snarky. New Jersey really has some awesome places and I just get tired of defending it when people have the misconception that it's just a giant sh*t hole.

add this to your collection! HA!

00W0W_6r5CJYSJhtg_1200x900.jpg

https://longisland.craigslist.org/tls/d/large-timberwolf-conveyer-for/6596119996.html

Back