• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 70cc Husky Jonsered and Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
272 in excellent used condition. Many would say its minty as it's a well cared for lower hour saw.
2166 jred that is very clean with only a few chips off the paint on the handle. Remove the transfer restrictions and you have a 2172 which is a 372 xtorq in a red wrapper.
Stihl 044 with 440 tanks.
Might as well give you another choice. I wasn't really planning on letting it go, but as my signature says they're just stuff made of metal and plastic :).
I grabbed this up from another member after it was straight gassed hoping the masterminded cylinder would be salvageable but it was not.

I had a buddy of mine completely go thru it either early this yr or late last yr I can't remember. The cylinder was a brand new oem which he ported, the piston was an aftermarket which was recommended by him even after I said I would happily pay more for an oem rather than cutting corners. All new seals and bearings in the bottom end also. I've ran 20-30 tanks thru it. It's a cosmetic mess, but screams and is a great work saw which is what I had it built for, one to throw in the bucket of the tractor and not worry about it being pretty.

500 each PHO plus shipping.

Please be patient as I have not been getting alerts properly for around a week. I held off posting them since they seem to be working properly now.
More pictures will be coming soon.
Thanks,
Brett 20160921_124053.jpg20161005_221658.jpg20161103_095307.jpg

Yikes, i wouldnt want to try a 28" bar with full comp on any of these saws unless i had plenty of time. 24" bar works nicely on either.
I agree, but it's still a much better option than a husky 460 with a 24" lol.
When you look at BB's signature you know it's probably more for a reference point than something he will be doing.
I normally have a 70cc saw with a 24, a 20. I run the 044 with an 18 or 20 because it is my lightweight 70cc saw. It's all part of the 3 saw plan, that is 3 saws of each cc class :laugh:.

The 272 stock is a little stronger stock than a 2166. I have run a 28" bar/full comp on a 365xt. It will cut fine with a sharp chain and letting the saw feed itself. I prefer a 24" bar on a stock 70cc saw.

I run a 28" full comp on my 272 and handles it just fine but it's ported so I guess don't count for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha no, ive not run a ported 272 but would love to. My dads 272, now mine, was the first saw i ever used. It has some new plastic and stuff on it now, but totally stock, and if it came to it, it would be the last saw i own. All that said i wouldnt wanna use that with a 28" bar buried in hardwood unless i had no other choice

Latest posts

Back