• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will this comfortable run a 3/8 pitch full skip on a 28” bar? Lets say hardwood?

Probably pushing it a bit eh?

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
You guys are making me want to keep it, lol.
Hotsaws101 has a video of a ported one pulling a 42” bar buried. I would think a 28” would be no problem in hardwood. I have noticed the ported one I have doesn’t seem to be affected near as much by elevation, going to higher elevation it can handle the thin air-too much fuel without adjustment. If this one don’t sell pretty soon I’ll probably get it ported, I really do like the torque and balance of them.

You guys are making me want to keep it, lol.
Hotsaws101 has a video of a ported one pulling a 42” bar buried. I would think a 28” would be no problem in hardwood. I have noticed the ported one I have doesn’t seem to be affected near as much by elevation, going to higher elevation it can handle the thin air-too much fuel without adjustment. If this one don’t sell pretty soon I’ll probably get it ported, I really do like the torque and balance of them.

So.......[emoji848] we’re making you want to keep it eh?

Question. Is this saw a german made tree falling 70cc monster...? How fun is it to cut with? I think this saw is lighter than most other 70cc’s correct? Is it super reliable? Light enough to whip around a bit? And you say it takes to a porting job very well eh?

[emoji16]........[emoji6]

Lets see if you sell it now..[emoji13]

So.......[emoji848] we’re making you want to keep it eh?

Question. Is this saw a german made tree falling 70cc monster...? How fun is it to cut with? I think this saw is lighter than most other 70cc’s correct? Is it super reliable? Light enough to whip around a bit? And you say it takes to a porting job very well eh?

[emoji16]........[emoji6]

Lets see if you sell it now..[emoji13]

You sir are cruel, where’s the unlike button? Lol!

mmm, Been looking taking a hard look at these 7900s:baba:....I've been loving the 545 @chipper1 sold me last year, but this year my wood source has gotten a bit bigger... two of these, for starters...
This saw may be a bit rich for my blood though, at $10 off a day maybe in a couple months maybe it'd be down to my level, ha! Anyone have one that's a bit more..."well loved"??;)
S1t6WSn2qpYuIECx0bIqfTnmhl8TPJhqBBsKoPBg8dhEwy_5G2Swp1-s5vd8oX7vhKbEeTsxV6-S2RILzfW-hdPlX3JdEXJDnm_7R8qUImP9LYdLkUkD1BI__jYtBy_qxai8LKUEmoDUo52KJ8K4tlwzj6E_X_pYPUxoGtLIFR_GvVFW0ULG4olz-WanVqB6m_Oa7ZkgdnaDnPLRG5NewpmPtFEQsjERy2izOQgU09BUO6e4XFd6nOqdJd93CYusnqZTg-nlp9XXwPFY6XGqF1BV_KZTIRbEosauvCx-XnhI-LolPlzGci9AGcfqJ0HUrfBozgT-utpNd2WaQG3WAHKIUjyM9UdLZS2VxZnGZdBZL2vCadOn70Rl9l2PNJh-LVsByxp19mjsA_kHxooAtcGwL2dhhlftx6CCMMLUUeDzOw6AC6ZiOknpGbdkxz0PE_9pMQn3UOo9VnxAPf1yKDy7ov5sTmQWElC2VWD0glYlZQfHTkxG82j-w6rE7ZMi7WvuigAiT0dY2RG-zeQdswXGrJAIl5n2J6uofDFm3JJ1Ev-OM1Ayp8q0hh_64XTayzOoR9NLmSCvkP4mxekmrBJgBjKIrX_5jq86eZ1uVMo_lASADz0v_xN9K_KDa_xhhUwvilYQRj-Wuiq9obEd97TPPpOljowuMw0glszwLJKRfCxuHfkUYQ=w663-h883-no

Will this comfortable run a 3/8 pitch full skip on a 28” bar? Lets say hardwood?

Probably pushing it a bit eh?

I’m running a 28” full comp, LGX, on my stock 7900 and usually on red and white oak and it doesn’t sweat it a bit.

Back