$8.00 big slingshot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50 times indicates much determination and perseverance. :msp_thumbup:

I can't see the images but I have to get the water balloon sling and see what I can make. I am the worlds worst throw line man.

I hope these photos are visible this time.

Attachments

• slingshot 010.JPG
    slingshot 010.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 150
  • slingshot 003.JPG
    slingshot 003.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 166
How much height do you get at full draw and how much does your throw bag weigh?

I also need operating instructions. How far do you have to pull back to get a 50 foot launch?

12 oz throw weight goes about 100 feet up at 3/4 draw, so subtracting 1/4 for the BS factor and I'd say 100 ft at full draw straight up with good accuracy.

100 feet will be great for me. Looks like I will have to build one.

I went by Walgreens today and they didn't have any water balloon sling shots. Maybe they will stock some come summer. I may need to go back and see if I can buy some surgical rubber tubing.

Well, I bit the bullet, spent some Christmas $$$ I received and ordered the old "Classic Big Shot" from Sherrilltree (they still had them listed for $99.95 on their website). Elsewhere, I ordered an archery trigger release mechanism so I can concentrate on aiming while holding tension on the elastic. I intend to rig it similar to the one shown in the following YouTube video ...

Last edited:
Yeah that's better than a homemade scrap lumber looking thing, Sweet! I do like making things even if they don't work, look funny and cost too much : )

I do like making things even if they don't work, look funny and cost too much : )
I can identify with that. A few things I've made have earned me money, but many turn into an exercise in frustration. I learned long ago that there aren't many items avaiable on the commercial market which I can build better and cheaper ... improve upon, yes ... build better from scratch, seldom. I hope your $8 slingshot gives you a few years of service.

Back