$95 deliverd cords

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$100/cord has always been the routine price around here for hardwood but this year I've seen it advertised as low as $40/cord advertised for odds and ends at a lumber mill u pick up and a local seller is down to $80/cord for oak delivered.

:jawdrop:

hell, earlier this year i could barely cut a cord of wood for 95 bucks when I factored in the fuel to drive and cut it.

The ironic thing is that with everyone getting out of the game, supply will be shorter and prices will reflect it. Especially is oil rebounds. (Still in the $200$450 neighborhood in my part of NH)

$100/cord has always been the routine price around here for hardwood but this year I've seen it advertised as low as $40/cord advertised for odds and ends at a lumber mill u pick up and a local seller is down to $80/cord for oak delivered.

80 bucks a cord delivered? for oak? Man, there is no way I would consider it, I would set a match to my woodpile before I would load it up and deliver it to anyone for that price. I dont know what is being used to harvest the firewood, but I seriously doubt you could even manage a mimimum wage out of that deal.
I wouldnt even sell my junk wood for that kind of money.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/grd/963422530.html

This guy is in my neck of the woods. I don't think he is doing much business. He reposts his ads all the time.

As mentioned in other threads, wood prices have gone down and now with a bad economy, some people might be getting desperate a little too fast. The time to buy is now and will continue forthe next few months at least.

Last edited:
I would be happy to pay $95 delivered if I could find some its a whole lot more here fact that wouldnt even buy a pickup load!

Kansas

I paid $100 a cord two years ago. Bought 5, as I can't process it myself for that money. I won't buy it log length unless it is 1/2 the price of cut split and delivered. It isn't worth the time.

Wood is a very plentiful resource and there never has been a functioning living wage economy without driving long distances which explains the very low prices here. Most of the people are either retired, on disability or part time out of the system moonlighters.

It is tempting to take advantage of the windfall, pay the $80/cord and become a couch potato but I am reluctant to sever ties with my free sources which took time to build.

I'm still getting $300-$330. I have one guy that gets it for $240 but he buys 10cord a year now. I could sell more wood if I had it this year. I quit advertising already. If I put my ad back up on craigslist I would sell 3 cord in a couple days. There are a lot of people on craigslist cheaper then me. But people like the way I write my ad. Plus when they see I don't rip them off they always call back.

Scott

I agree 1st year sold on cl and its moved more wood for me then I ever did w/newspaper ads. I have sold about 250 face cords this year and am about to run out.

Wood is a very plentiful resource and there never has been a functioning living wage economy without driving long distances which explains the very low prices here. Most of the people are either retired, on disability or part time out of the system moonlighters.

It is tempting to take advantage of the windfall, pay the $80/cord and become a couch potato but I am reluctant to sever ties with my free sources which took time to build.
I would still buy 3-4 cord at that price and continue to cut from your free sources, that way you are building a buffer and also keeping up your contacts.
Use the time you would have put into cutting and splitting into building more wood storage.
I wish we had hardwood at that price.

When I run my ad it's $110 a face cord. If a person buys 3 face cords (true cord) the price is $300. I can get wood for $105 a cord if I drive 30 miles to pick it up. That's what I do. This year I am going to buy 100 cord I think. That and what I cut I will be able to advertise hard next year. I'm hoping to pick up some more bars. One person I sell to runs an open fireplace from 10am to 1am everyday. They are going to get about 10 cord a year. I give them a break $240 a cord.

Scott

I would still buy 3-4 cord at that price and continue to cut from your free sources, that way you are building a buffer and also keeping up your contacts.
Use the time you would have put into cutting and splitting into building more wood storage.
I wish we had hardwood at that price.
yeah, buy some ck out the quality and quanity. I knew this guy selling delivered cords with a shortbed stepside.

There are some Amish right down the road selling for $25 a pick up bed load. I have been selling for 7 years. I get $50 a face cord picked up. I have had lots of calls, and when I tell them the price, alot say " Thats way out of line, I`m not paying that much".

I tried to buy some from the amish at $25 a pick up load, and they said "no, we are not selling to you. You are going to resell it". I said " what do you care, i`m paying". Then they started getting mad and talking dutch to me, so I told them to kiss my ***.

$80 for a full cord.....

Here in rural MO I paid $80 for a full cord.....that was delivered AND stacked. I let them know before they gave me price that it would have to be stacked and not thrown off.
I'm pretty sure I got shorted by a rank but it's sort of hard to tell since they stacked it funny.
I paid for 4 ranks and got....

Two stacks 4 x 11 and the third is about 6 x 3.

Guess they can charge less if they aren't going to bring the whole amount!

Next guy is $90 a cord..delivered and stacked. I'll see what I get with this guy. Maybe eventually I'll find someone 'honest' and I'll have a wood source.

We have all the wood we can cut but have to drive an hour to cut it. Is it not going to be worth it for us to cut? I'm reading the posts here and some of your guys are saying you can't cut it for $90 a cord. We would be cutting 3 ranks at a time......take 2 and leave one for the owner of the land (my parents) Are we better of to just keep buying?
We are all electric and on the 'cold' months our electric bill will run up near $400....$250 of that being heat. Can we buy and burn wood for less than $250 a month at $90 a cord?
:newbie:

Latest posts

Back