$95 deliverd cords

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are all electric and on the 'cold' months our electric bill will run up near $400....$250 of that being heat. Can we buy and burn wood for less than $250 a month at $90 a cord?

Do the maths, 250/ 90 = 2.77cord = 354cu ft of timber.
Thats a lot of wood, depending on what kind of wood heating system it could be very economical.
I wouldn't burn a full cord in a month, but my house is very well insulated.
I don't know what you burn your wood in or how well your house holds heat, to advise you.

Do the maths, 250/ 90 = 2.77cord = 354cu ft of timber.
Thats a lot of wood, depending on what kind of wood heating system it could be very economical.
I wouldn't burn a full cord in a month, but my house is very well insulated.
I don't know what you burn your wood in or how well your house holds heat, to advise you.

Sorry, I have a Heatmor 100 CSS.
My house is not very well insulated but I'm working on that a little bit at a time. I have appx 2000 sq ft that I heat.
Heatmor dealer says I should be good with 1 cord a month....maybe less. Of course it depends on the weather. Right now people that normally fill up x2 per day are adding wood at odd times just to be on the safe side.

Here in rural MO I paid $80 for a full cord.....that was delivered AND stacked. I let them know before they gave me price that it would have to be stacked and not thrown off.
I'm pretty sure I got shorted by a rank but it's sort of hard to tell since they stacked it funny.
I paid for 4 ranks and got....

Two stacks 4 x 11 and the third is about 6 x 3.

Guess they can charge less if they aren't going to bring the whole amount!

Next guy is $90 a cord..delivered and stacked. I'll see what I get with this guy. Maybe eventually I'll find someone 'honest' and I'll have a wood source.

We have all the wood we can cut but have to drive an hour to cut it. Is it not going to be worth it for us to cut? I'm reading the posts here and some of your guys are saying you can't cut it for $90 a cord. We would be cutting 3 ranks at a time......take 2 and leave one for the owner of the land (my parents) Are we better of to just keep buying?
We are all electric and on the 'cold' months our electric bill will run up near $400....$250 of that being heat. Can we buy and burn wood for less than $250 a month at $90 a cord?
:newbie:

I don't know how much wood a "rank" is but I would say you got a great deal. Assuming the pieces average length is 16", you got 137.8 cu. ft. Thats a little more than a cord. Delivered and STACKED for $80. And you are complaining?

Trapshooter

I don't know how much wood a "rank" is but I would say you got a great deal. Assuming the pieces average length is 16", you got 137.8 cu. ft. Thats a little more than a cord. Delivered and STACKED for $80. And you are complaining?

No, no......I paid $160 for what I "got".
They quoted me $80 a cord.
I told them I wanted two cords and that is what they "said" they brought.
But according to you and your math I got a little more than a cord. IF that is so then I paid $160 a cord (or a little lover a cord) and I was supposed to have paid $80 a cord.
A rank is 4' x 8'
A cord is 4' x 4' x 8'
At least that's what it's supposed to be!
NOT WHAT I GOT.
So that's where my complaint comes in.

I realize there are people out there (some on this board) that are paying in upwards of $300 for what I got. So they are thinking I'm crazy to complain but around here you can buy full cords for $90....delivered and stacked.....all week long.

Sorry if my post was confusing, sometimes I think my fingers work faster than my brain and I leave critical parts out of my posts. :blush:

No, no......I paid $160 for what I "got".
They quoted me $80 a cord.
I told them I wanted two cords and that is what they "said" they brought.
But according to you and your math I got a little more than a cord. IF that is so then I paid $160 a cord (or a little lover a cord) and I was supposed to have paid $80 a cord.
A rank is 4' x 8'
A cord is 4' x 4' x 8'
At least that's what it's supposed to be!
NOT WHAT I GOT.
So that's where my complaint comes in.

I realize there are people out there (some on this board) that are paying in upwards of $300 for what I got. So they are thinking I'm crazy to complain but around here you can buy full cords for $90....delivered and stacked.....all week long.

Sorry if my post was confusing, sometimes I think my fingers work faster than my brain and I leave critical parts out of my posts. :blush:

Any way you look at it , they shorted you. They shorted you less if the pieces were 24" instead of 16".

There are 32 square feet in the face of a 4'x8' stack of wood (rick/rank). What you described was 106 square feet on the face of the stacks. This is 10 sq. ft. over 3 ricks. Not only did he short you what you ordered but also what he said he would deliver. There are laws against dishonesty and laws governing the sale of firewood in most states. Ask him when he is going to be bringing the rest of it or if the Attorny General will need to be involved.

If it was 16" wood then you got a bit over a full cord and was shorted nearly a full cord.
If it was 24" wood then you were shorted just less than 1/2 cord of firewood.

yup its down here on L I from 250 pr cord dump to 180 pr cord stacked the cheep oil did it tom trees

It is? I never lowered my price once and I had the best add on craigslist which was the stand out - I took my adds off now to conserve and fill the needs for the repeat customers -

Where about on LI are you?

Latest posts

Back