98' Bandit 250xp chips

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that by itself is probably not enough of a factor to reduce your chip discharge so much, but it would be a major contributing factor. You have to clean the metal well, pre heat, fill with weld (cold) and clean in between passes. Post heat and cover with an insulating mat for a slow cool down to take some of the stress out of the metal, or you will end up with cracking. Peening in between passes is another way to reduce the embodied stress. Grind square once done.

I can check that clutch, even rebuild it if need be. I can check the wear on the disk as well. You have my number, and I can do it over the weekend so as not to screw up your work week.

My 200 has an air hole on the motor side of the disc cover. My 250 does not. Do you guys think this could be part of the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It needs air from somewhere. This sure is hard to do over the net. If I send you pictures of my moms Cherry Pie, can you tell me if it is good? That is what it seems like sometimes. Maybe I just need to drive over and see it in person.

Back