A build question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welder56

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey all. Haven’t made a post in awhile. Been picking at a complete restore of a Husqvarna 262xp. Pretty much all done cleaning every part and waiting for parts to start assembly. Had 4 saws disassembled and used all the best parts to make into one.

I have two of the best crankcases saved. Have a really clean 257 case (pretty low hours) and a not so clean 262 case. Definitely noticeable that the 262 case has seen a lot more action and abuse.

So my question is. Would it bother you too build a 262 on a 257 case?

It doesn’t bother me at all and I plan on using the 257 case as it’s a better frame for the project. Just wanted to see what others thought.

i may have a 262 tag off a junk case if it would make you feel better haha. i know what ya mean, go to all the trouble of rebuilding it, wanna have it all right.

Thanks for the offer dude! but maybe I wasn’t clear on what I was asking. I personally don’t care if the case says ‘257’ Lol

What is your personal preference? Could you rebuild a 262 on a 257 case or what that bother you?

Back