A couple of Wood Mizer questions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'll be going up to get my 2016 LT40 WM on Tuesday. Just wondering about a couple of things. Does anyone know what size ball the trailer hitch is? I'm hoping 2 5/16", I can't seem to find my 2". Do they use a 5 lug or 6 lug spare and do they usually come with one. I'll check with the owner to see if he has one tomorrow.

Also I'm hoping they don't require a tag, and are treated like other Agricultural equipment. I'm hoping I can show a bill of sale, and title, at least until I get home to register it if required.

Thanks, Ken

Where are you setting up shop? Is this for you or are you starting a business? I opened my doors last January then my boss US Army Reserves) sent me to WI for three months. It has been slow starting but it is picking up now. Enjoy the LT40, is it the Super Hydraulic? What options are you getting with it? I have an older model but it all works great. BTW mine has a 2" ball.iPhone download 171110 350.JPG

I'm bringing it home to Brandon (Tampa area) for now, but will be buying 75-100 acres in north Fl or Al. I want to build a 40X60 shop, will live in part of it while building a 2-3000 sq ft log home. I'm retired at 63, and ready to get out of the rat race. $3000/yr taxes on 1/4 acre home in Brandon. My in laws own 700 acres worth $2M in Al and pay about $1,000/yr. No permits, codes, etc. Here I have to have a permit to change a hot water heater, build a fence, or shed. It's sad.

Not sure what all is on the saw, it was new last year. Over 40K, I'm getting it for 28K

I'm in Clay county and I'm running into the same problem. I can't repair the culvert under my driveway without getting a permit. A chicken coop requires a permit.

Are any counties in north Fl less lenient? Lower taxes? Like I said family in Jacksonville Beach.

Never really looked around. I did learn that St Johns and Duval are worse than Clay concerning taxes and permitting. I would say the more rural the better they would be.

It needs to be plated as a trailer to tow in most places. All depends on your local laws though.

6 lug, no unless you buy one.

2 5/16" I believe, though maybe it's 2". Either way a ball is cheap.

Where are you setting up shop? Is this for you or are you starting a business? I opened my doors last January then my boss US Army Reserves) sent me to WI for three months. It has been slow starting but it is picking up now. Enjoy the LT40, is it the Super Hydraulic? What options are you getting with it? I have an older model but it all works great. BTW mine has a 2" ball.View attachment 612226

Wow, what happened to the paint? We have an LT40 Super Hydraulic with Yanmar diesel. The paint has held up much better.

I'm the second owner of this beautiful 1998 LT40. It was found in upstate NY about 6 miles off the Canadian border. I'm running the original Wisconsin gasoline engine and she purrs like a kitten, a very large, loud kitten. It was those long winters that did in the paint. I do hope to have it refurbished after I win the lottery.

Thanks guys. Yes this needs to die. Been sick with a cold/sinus infection for 3 weeks, so I've been away.

Thanks Joe, actually picked up two loads of pine logs the last couple of days, and going to pick up 2 more today. Also trying to get the mill running it's been sitting for several years, and needing a little TLC. More on that later.

Back