A Felling Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From today, missed short. If it matters I'll nibble another slice from the far side undercut. This tree was only going one direction, so I didn't bother

Looks like you have lost some weight packin those 90cc saws around ,good job ,and turn that H screw in a bit ,your smokin us out in here ;)

Looks like you have lost some weight packin those 90cc saws around ,good job ,and turn that H screw in a bit ,your smokin us out in here ;)
I actually did retune later that day. I was also wearing a "man-T" with a built in brazier/corset. Distributes my fat a little better.:(

From today, missed short. If it matters I'll nibble another slice from the far side undercut. This tree was only going one direction, so I didn't bother

Hey doc nice vid! If I were you I would swamp out those little suckers around that tree, they can grab the chain when you're moving around. Also I would not walk backwards even on a lawn. The face screen, is it for decoration? Looks like you had a very sharp chain. What will you do about the stumps?

It's weird seeing grass so green. Collyfornia's new state motto is Brown is the New green.

Hey doc nice vid! If I were you I would swamp out those little suckers around that tree, they can grab the chain when you're moving around. Also I would not walk backwards even on a lawn. The face screen, is it for decoration? Looks like you had a very sharp chain. What will you do about the stumps?

It's weird seeing grass so green. Collyfornia's new state motto is Brown is the New green.

why don't you tell him to put on some chaps while your at it :p they are suitable for the weekend warriors after all :D

Chaps are always a good idea. Why don't you tell him yourself?

i'm afraid he might crush me. i still don't know whether he is that big guy in his avatar or the midget in the video. once i know for sure he is that weak midget i'll start lip'n him off from far away more LOL. i see john is getting better with the big saws if that is him and can actual do more with them then just watch them idle after his wife starts them. you can still see he is a bit weak by the way he struggles to keep his cuts level. the saw weight gets the best of him before he can get the weight on his dawgs. poor little guy. his 394 is also running way to lean :D if he fattened it up it might actually come close to keeping up with a stock one :D:D :laugh:

i'm afraid he might crush me. i still don't know whether he is that big guy in his avatar or the midget in the video. i see john is getting better with the big saws if that is him and can actual do more with them then just watch them idle after his wife starts them. you can still see he is a bit weak by the way he struggles to keep his cuts level. the saw weight gets the best of him before he can get the weight on his dawgs. poor little guy. his 394 is also running way to lean :D if he fattened it up it might actually come close to keeping up with a stock one :D:D :laugh:
I'd recommend more oil. Keeps the ticks away too.

Thanks for the tips. Sadly I use the face screen mostly for weed eating. I'm poorly safety conscious:(

The stumps will be handled by Mr. Lester, who owns an old bogie skidder that he converted to a boom mounted drum grinder. Runs a 454, and demolishes the stumps crazy fast. Don't tell him, but because he doesn't charge extra, but I leave them a bit high for the free mulch.

i'm afraid he might crush me. i still don't know whether he is that big guy in his avatar or the midget in the video. once i know for sure he is that weak midget i'll start lip'n him off from far away more LOL. i see john is getting better with the big saws if that is him and can actual do more with them then just watch them idle after his wife starts them. you can still see he is a bit weak by the way he struggles to keep his cuts level. the saw weight gets the best of him before he can get the weight on his dawgs. poor little guy. his 394 is also running way to lean :D if he fattened it up it might actually come close to keeping up with a stock one :D:D :laugh:
5'10", 190:cry: Lip off all you want, I'm too pathetically small to stop you:(.
That was the 288, saw genius:buttkick:, which is my small saw.

Not being able to keep my tip up isn't a strength issue, it's a question of blood flow, and I understand it is common in men my age.:(

5'10", 190:cry: Lip off all you want, I'm too pathetically small to stop you:(.
That was the 288, saw genius:buttkick:, which is my small saw.

Not being able to keep my tip up isn't a strength issue, it's a question of blood flow, and I understand it is common in men my age.:(

i wasn't paying attention enough to see whether it was the 288 or 394. either way, yer running that saw way to lean jon LOL i'm starting to realize why there are getting to be so many mosquitoes up here. you smoke'n them all out so they are migrating north . i'm 6' and 210 so not enough size difference to matter. it'll have to be a battle of wits then :p

i wasn't paying attention enough to see whether it was the 288 or 394. either way, yer running that saw way to lean jon LOL i'm starting to realize why there are getting to be so many mosquitoes up here. you smoke'n them all out so they are migrating north . i'm 6' and 210 so not enough size difference to matter. it'll have to be a battle of wits then :p
Wait a minute! That BMX290MS170 guy said it was too rich?!?

Back