ArboristSite.com Sponsors

A few new dogs

Discussion in 'Wood Carving & Turning' started by wooly, Aug 7, 2019.

1. wooly

wooly ArboristSite Member

Here's a couple new pooches I wrapped up in the past month or so. All these were carved from maple.
    One of my other dog carvings that I donated to a local rescue recently caught the attention of Villalobos Rescue (aka- Pitbulls and Parolees) on Facebook and they sent a lot of traffic my way to my carving page. In return, I've been on a bit of a dog carving kick lately not only to entertain my new followers, but to improve on a critter that that has always been a challenge to me with so many breeds of dogs I'd like to get better at carving.
    doggo1.jpg
    doggo2.jpg
    doggo3.jpg
    doggo4.jpg
    doggo5.jpg
    doggo6.jpg
    doggo7.jpg
    doggo8.jpg

2. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Super!

3. Ted Jenkins

Ted Jenkins Firewood by TJ

I really like them. They look like a different approach to an old system. About twenty years ago we here in the mountains started having dying Pine trees from the bark beetles. During that time we had as many as 200 carvers from every where whittling away at our trees. The average theme were bears from every view possible. I only knew one guy that was doing a variety of themes. About half of his work were eagles which were nice too. Your dog approach is not new. but it at least it is not ordinary dull drum. They are cheerful and if these are your first attempts they are great. Keep going. Thanks

4. Capitalist

Capitalist ArboristSite Operative

Outstanding!
    The laquered ones really pop! I wish I had the talent or patience to do this but admire those that do!

SeMoTony, lone wolf, chipper1 and 2 others like this.
  5. Duce

Duce Addicted to ArboristSite

Nice work! But oh crap, can't show that to the wife. 0807191926.jpg