A few new dogs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wooly

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple new pooches I wrapped up in the past month or so. All these were carved from maple.
One of my other dog carvings that I donated to a local rescue recently caught the attention of Villalobos Rescue (aka- Pitbulls and Parolees) on Facebook and they sent a lot of traffic my way to my carving page. In return, I've been on a bit of a dog carving kick lately not only to entertain my new followers, but to improve on a critter that that has always been a challenge to me with so many breeds of dogs I'd like to get better at carving.
doggo1.jpg
doggo2.jpg
doggo3.jpg
doggo4.jpg
doggo5.jpg
doggo6.jpg
doggo7.jpg
doggo8.jpg

Here's a couple new pooches I wrapped up in the past month or so. All these were carved from maple.
One of my other dog carvings that I donated to a local rescue recently caught the attention of Villalobos Rescue (aka- Pitbulls and Parolees) on Facebook and they sent a lot of traffic my way to my carving page. In return, I've been on a bit of a dog carving kick lately not only to entertain my new followers, but to improve on a critter that that has always been a challenge to me with so many breeds of dogs I'd like to get better at carving.
View attachment 751784
View attachment 751785
View attachment 751786
View attachment 751787
View attachment 751788
View attachment 751789
View attachment 751790
View attachment 751791
Super!

I really like them. They look like a different approach to an old system. About twenty years ago we here in the mountains started having dying Pine trees from the bark beetles. During that time we had as many as 200 carvers from every where whittling away at our trees. The average theme were bears from every view possible. I only knew one guy that was doing a variety of themes. About half of his work were eagles which were nice too. Your dog approach is not new. but it at least it is not ordinary dull drum. They are cheerful and if these are your first attempts they are great. Keep going. Thanks

View attachment 751784
View attachment 751785
View attachment 751786
View attachment 751787
View attachment 751788
View attachment 751789
View attachment 751790
View attachment 751791
Outstanding!
The laquered ones really pop! I wish I had the talent or patience to do this but admire those that do!

Latest posts

Back