A future woodcutter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmount

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just received a family update from one of our daughters, and her description of our just turned 5 grandson brought a smile to my face!

"Yesterday he took a spotting scope out into the woods to go adventuring. He took his hatchet as well. Just in case. When he returned flush faced and hungry he took his snack out to the rock by the compost to sit and watch the woods."

That boy has been all about adventure since before he could crawl :)

Congrats for the junior Davy Crockett! Nothing like time spent with nature.

My son is the exact opposite of me, he hates hunting (although he can eat a whole deer worth of jerky in a day), he hates cars (could care less about my 68 Cuda Convertible), but thank God for the Boy Scouts. That was one thing we really enjoyed together. He loved the ten day wilderness trip to Philmont, and the ten day Northern Tier canoe trip. He always like the outside and my farm in WV, looking for critters and fossils. He skipped his first year in the physics dept at MD University, and in his second year declared a second major in Computer Science. So, next spring he will graduate with 2 degrees. I can't wait till he has a son so I can spoil him in all the things he doesn't like to do. I already have his first gun picked out, a pre war model 99 Savage in 250-3000, Joe.

68 Cuda convertible...nice! Explains the username too!

rmount, sounds like you're gonna have a lil woodchuck apprentice soon!