A good trimming saw for $100?? Ryobi 10532 Review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have to repair one of these? I've used it a ton this summer, and overall it's been great. The problem is that I have been using it a lot to cut off tiny saplings and branches and small trees and stumps flush, so I drive it right into the tangle of brush a lot, so the chain snags a couple times each day and flies off (yes I watch tension closely because of how it is used). With all that, it looks like the last time out, it nicked the fuel tank just enough to cause a small leak on the final chain fling.

I tried some epoxy, but it either does not hold up to gas or it didn't stick well enough as it still leaks there. It looks like I can get the tank as a spare part, but it will be a full tear down to replace it (it is half the saw, practically). Not sure if it is worth the $30+ shipping or not, but I certainly have gotten my money out of this saw, so i may just bite the bullet. Just beoytching before I go buy it and get it done, I guess. Anyone have any thoughts otherwise?

-Dave

"This review is from: Factory Reconditioned Ryobi ZRRY10532 18-Inch 40cc 2-Cycle Gas-Powered Chain Saw (Lawn & Patio)
Bought this reconditioned chainsaw. It came without instructions how to assemble the blade. I was unable to put the chain and blade on the engine, called the factory a few weeks later to find out I could not return the chainsaw because they had a few days return policy. They sent me to a dealer, they were un-cooperative and mentioned to me the company was un-cooperative with them. The chainsaw is still at the dealer over a month after the purchase and I still do not have a workable chainsaw to work with. This is a bad situation for anyone wanting to save a few dollars to buy a chainsaw."
This is not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was checking to see if Amazon had any more of these saws and found this old review..
Does anyone else think maybe he doesn't need a real saw. Maybe Playschool:)

Ryobi Rcs4046C (Euro' designation)

This Ryobi has the Zenoah cylinder made in Japan.
Just got mine stripped to the short engine sad to say no"ZENOAH" it has "T2128" however I have found a sticker with "GZ4000 SB" thought that number sounds familiar :smile2: Brad do you have any pointers or are they trade secrets

bulge

Took the chain brake apart, nothing looks unhooked. It appears the band is not sliding forward when the brake is engaged.

The long spring is buckled up under tension, has anyone else looked at theirs?

I may need to grind some off of the plastic doohickey the band is attached to, it looks like it is hitting on the housing. Also as seems normal. the clutch is rubbing on the cover. Would putting a couple of washers on the bar bolts be a fix?

Or would that mess up the oiler?
I didn't see anyone's fix on here for that.

I 'spect they all do I'm going to try a rod inside the spring like you find on air rifles

split tank

Anyone have to repair one of these? I've used it a ton this summer, and overall it's been great. The problem is that I have been using it a lot to cut off tiny saplings and branches and small trees and stumps flush, so I drive it right into the tangle of brush a lot, so the chain snags a couple times each day and flies off (yes I watch tension closely because of how it is used). With all that, it looks like the last time out, it nicked the fuel tank just enough to cause a small leak on the final chain fling.

I tried some epoxy, but it either does not hold up to gas or it didn't stick well enough as it still leaks there. It looks like I can get the tank as a spare part, but it will be a full tear down to replace it (it is half the saw, practically). Not sure if it is worth the $30+ shipping or not, but I certainly have gotten my money out of this saw, so i may just bite the bullet. Just beoytching before I go buy it and get it done, I guess. Anyone have any thoughts otherwise?

-Dave
plastic welding? soldering iron if it's small

Where did you find parts for this saw. Funny that this thread popped up because I'm tinkering with one of these saws now. I tried the search engine and apparently it was straight gased.

I need a chain tensioner and outside guide plate for my remanufactured Sears Craftsman Professional so I can scrap the stupid intenz bar. What a dumb idea of chainsaw technology that set-up is. I've heard of people talking about those Intenz bars but I never thought that thing would be as bad as it is, Chain will stay on for 5 minutes if you're lucky.

I feal if you can't figure out how to tighten a chain, especially with the side adjuster on the Ryobi, them you probably shouldn't run a saw.

I got parts from on e of the online sources. Partstree.com or some other place. I picked up a spare clutch/sprocket even though mine is OK (but showing some abuse, especially from chain throws), as it looked like they are getting to be slim on support now (discontinued) and I wanted to get one while I could.

Replaced the tank and all is well now. tried repairing it, but it wouldn't work.

Many of the Craftsman Professional parts will fit these saws. They are almost identical. I tried to get the chain adjuster through the Ryobi website thats in the manual, and they didn.t have anything at all listed for this saw.

It looks like the new Ryobi's are those junky Homelite Rangers.

I may just go through Red Max

Ryobi RY10532 Parts List and Diagram : eReplacementParts.com

This is the place that I got my sprocket a while back. Takes a little longer to get it but not to bad at least they are the correct parts. I think it was $20 shipped so I went ahead and fixed it due to having a few of the Tiger Champ combos with no saw to use them on. When this one bites the dust I will replace it with a small Echo.

Thanks for that diagram Dante. Looks like the chain adjuster is not available. My guess is everyone who bought the Sears Pro model are buying that adjuster. I'll try Red Max

ryobi 10532/ 4046c

is the ryobi 10532 an american version of the ryobi 4046c sold in europe
because they look very alike .

thomas

is the ryobi 10532 an american version of the ryobi 4046c sold in europe
because they look very alike .

thomas
yes they are :- RCS-3540C RCS-4046C RCS-4450 of these the 4046 seems the most popular, I guess they were only available for approx three years having gone back to the front tank/rear tank style which I don't think are "stratos" many seem to suffer from lack of oil feed which (on mine ) means a new oil pump driver, a plastic "worm" approx £8 -- unfortunatly the cheap chinese worms don't fit as they are a bit larger and beefier

I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for this. Since most of the good Ryobis seem to be gone as are most of the craftsman professional versions. I see a few GZ400s from here and there but they list for over $250. Does anyone see any family resemblance here?

5580969802p

I guess it could be the result of a copy of a chinese copy of a japanese saw, but the reviews looked pretty positive ie. no fuel line issues out of the box. Northern Tool was blowing them out for $99 with a case a while back but they seem to be all gone. A resourceful person could probably still find some, maybe on a popular auction site. If I wasn't on a self imposed spending freeze I would order one just to see what it says on the cylinder.

I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for this. Since most of the good Ryobis seem to be gone as are most of the craftsman professional versions. I see a few GZ400s from here and there but they list for over $250. Does anyone see any family resemblance here?

5580969802p

I guess it could be the result of a copy of a chinese copy of a japanese saw, but the reviews looked pretty positive ie. no fuel line issues out of the box. Northern Tool was blowing them out for $99 with a case a while back but they seem to be all gone. A resourceful person could probably still find some, maybe on a popular auction site. If I wasn't on a self imposed spending freeze I would order one just to see what it says on the cylinder.

The covers look the same as my ryobi 10532

anyone look into this anymore? they look similar. I also noticed that they recently updated them, different design on the plastic. Does anyone know if they are a redmax?

I just bought one on e-bay. I'm hoping it comes with the plastic saw case. I'll pull the covers off and we can see if it was made in the redmax factory in China or if it came from the one next door where they are copying them.:smile2:

Back