A License to Shampoo: Jobs Needing State Approval Rise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well finally the truth comes out!!!!

I didnt insult your kids!!!! you insult America by hiring mexicans, insult me, my wedding & how I operate a business, etc... then take offense to being asked if you have offspring...............C`mon???

Im done with you!!

LXT................

I should hope you are done with him, I thought I pretty much ended the discussion in post one oh seven. Now, do you want to go and find the rest of them?

Man, 101, you sure can flap dem lips like we was in the 3rd grade cafeteria.What could possible make you want to do that? Sounds like yer riding the gravy train.:msp_glare:

There was that comment.. something about a septic field, I believe. Seems like you only remember saying what you feel like remembering.. just saying here..

No actually this is what that ###### ###### said to be exact "now im not improper to the point that I wouldnt invite your senorita & ya say ya have some offspring do ya?............well bring those trophies with ya too, Ill put the whole lot of you too work.........got a neighbor down the road with a clogged leach field.........you all would fit right in!! bwahahahahaha "

There was that comment.. something about a septic field, I believe. Seems like you only remember saying what you feel like remembering.. just saying here..

All the mudsling and name calling really just obscures the issues, its a pansy tactic.

I read again from The Book of Dan:

" Midget, midget, midget, how he struts and winks
For he knows a man's as big as what he hopes and thinks!"

I should hope you are done with him, I thought I pretty much ended the discussion in post one oh seven. Now, do you want to go and find the rest of them?

Man, 101, you sure can flap dem lips like we was in the 3rd grade cafeteria.What could possible make you want to do that? Sounds like yer riding the gravy train.:msp_glare:
It has nothing to do with that , this all started over what I called a "GIMMICK " he got upset and posted dialog to me , I have said in the past that I want nothing to do with him and have stayed away .. Why do you care anyway ? Seems like now your just being a #### too but maybe I am wrong , its just appears that way , if your gonna have something to say to 2 people acting crazy than post too the both of us , I don't have a problem with you "AT ALL" right now and I am hoping that this doesn't start us down the wrong road ... Maybe I should just allow someone to talk trash unchecked to me here and just ACT as though its fine ...

All the mudsling and name calling really just obscures the issues, its a pansy tactic.

I am sorry but I have already hugged all the trees in my yard , and turned the other cheek but really , Have I EVER said anything to YOU or MDS or ever really argued with someone and thrown a little hate out there that hasn't had it coming somehow , I don't live in poems sorry man , if I got something to say that out it comes through a post or more importantly from my mouth and believe me I would never post anything here that I wouldn't say in person ..

Don't even get me going on the pansy thing again dano! lol.

Back on topic here, did all you guys actually read the article in the OP? something in there about a license to groom cats, this broad says you have to really know your stuff and prove it 'before you put a cat on the table'. lol. It's called being a 'certified master cat groomer', or some ####! lmao!!

I gotta say, I'm definitely not for any more licensing within our trade.. I'm really not that concerned if some dumbass smashes a house or clobbers one of his cheap ass customers with a limb, takes out the powerlines.. whatever, just makes me look better!!

Life is complicated enough already.. and be careful what you ask for with these people too, just might get more than you bargained for.. especially with the government envolved!!

Last edited:
I am sorry but I have already hugged all the trees in my yard , and turned the other cheek but really , Have I EVER said anything to YOU or MDS or ever really argued with someone and thrown a little hate out there that hasn't had it coming somehow , I don't live in poems sorry man , if I got something to say that out it comes through a post or more importantly from my mouth and believe me I would never post anything here that I wouldn't say in person ..

Actually every time you or IXT get into some kind of disscusion you both seem to start with the unrelated mudsling like ya'lls back in grade school or something. And not just between each other.
I believe that I have put many things into the light so you all could see you have little to argue about. But in your haste to spread diseased words to each other makes me believe you talk out of your own insecurities and fears.
Now don't try to argue with me, everbody is insecure and scared for one and I am above the petty bickering anyway. There is little anyone could say to me that would actually hurt me and there is little I don't allready know.
So try to stay within the lines of mature intellect cause you both sound like children. I mean... well, I think you know what I mean, at least I hope you do. The Dan can only show you, He can't make you.

Geez! I haven't seen this much fighting and bickering since Dan called me a pansy:msp_smile:

Did I call you a pansy or did I say I thought you were acting like one?

Uh...IDK, maybe I called you a pansy or something. Don't really care anymore, could care less what people think its the internet.

Ok, maybe it came across wrong.....I wasnt insulting his kids! I was offering his family a job..........Look, I have went rounds with this bun boy else where, I dont like him...flat out & now even less that I know how he operates his biz un-american like...!

Im insulting his children?????? He insults his own children & family with what he hires as employees.....he makes comment that gimmicks & such are destroying our trade by lowering costs........PLEeaasssee, what im doing doesnt even rival the begginings of the shortcomings to screwing this trade as he is doing!!!!!

So a septic field was bad.........but this cowardly, lying, loud mouth can run his "POS" mouth & say derogatory things about me, my biz & upcoming wedding & thats ok?....I sling mud right back for the sake of putting ball bags like him in his place.

His comments of me/others using "gimmicks" is suppose to make us feel bad?? Ill use gimmicks all day long if it means I dont have to hire the sort he does & if that sort didnt work for 2 pesos a day, beans & a burrito maybe others & I wouldnt have to use what he refers to as "gimmicks" cause then the playing field as far as money/costs go would truly be even!!

I have mentioned why I dont want a license & more regulations along with how in-effectual enforcement will be!!, case in point: here all of you have watched as TC & I have went back & forth over stupid crap......2 points of view that clash to a point of childish absurdity................now imagine us 2 in a room together trying to get rules & regs for licensing passed as law :dizzy:

Now if we can discuss the topic......? & move on!!!

LXT.................

... Have I EVER said anything to YOU or MDS or ever really argued with someone and thrown a little hate out there that hasn't had it coming somehow ...

Yes.

You posted quite the vitriolic comments to me about your relative snow removal experience and how snow removal should be conducted.

http://www.arboristsite.com/commercial-tree-care-climbing/157092.htm#post2622129

Not trying to bust your balls or anything, it's just that you come off pretty insulting and overly aggressive in many of your posts. You stated that you were smart and that I was lucky, you referred to my "stupid ass", while accusing me of taking cash payments to obscure my income, which was not even a topic of the conversation, and you stated that my business sounded shadey (sic), while making comparisons to cowpokes from Kansas.

This was my balanced and reasonable response to your offensive post: http://www.arboristsite.com/commercial-tree-care-climbing/157092.htm#post2623005

You might waste less time in verbal battles if you didn't start so many.

Last edited:
Yes.

You posted quite the vitriolic comments to me about your relative snow removal experience and how snow removal should be conducted.

http://www.arboristsite.com/commercial-tree-care-climbing/157092.htm#post2622129

Not trying to bust your balls or anything, it's just that you come off pretty insulting and overly aggressive in many of your posts. You stated that you were smart and that I was lucky, you referred to my "stupid ass", while accusing me of taking cash payments to obscure my income, which was not even a topic of the conversation, and you stated that my business sounded shadey (sic), while making comparisons to cowpokes from Kansas.

This was my balanced and reasonable response to your offensive post: http://www.arboristsite.com/commercial-tree-care-climbing/157092.htm#post2623005

You might waste less time in verbal battles if you didn't start so many.

SORRY.. It can get a little crazy sometimes ...You may not just flat out name call or insult but you can subtly dig on me too ... but I have know when enough is enough and some people just don't play well together all the time .. But I have lightened up alot with our "DEBATES" but I should always be the one to stop , look at post 173 he still is talking

Last edited:
You are right. I don't do any name calling, and I try not to insult folks, but I am often taken for an arrogant ass. In fact, sometimes I guess I work hard at being one.

Subtle digs? You give me too much credit. I always thought I was pretty direct with them.

I think both you and Lxt got pretty dirty in this mudflinging contest. I usually try to bow out before I inspire the other guy to throw too much mud at me. Right or wrong, you can't come out too big a winner in these verbal battles.

No one is perfect here in this forum, although there are a few gentlemen that hang out here whose opinion I respect a great deal.

It would appear to me that If I say black you will surely say white so there is where it gets a little heated for me , but I am sure the same goes for me as well .. No harm no foul I don't really have any hard feelings with you , I just name call to get out the tongue and cheek #### out of the way ....

License to do tree care

Ugghhhhhh!!!!! I just read this entire thread, and I am none the wiser for doing so. I am actually interested in the topic, but I have been seriously turned off by the insulting banter. My thoughts:

- Licensing by the government means more government intrusion into eveyone's lives, but I'm guessing it could be enforced by the income from licensing fees and fines (for non-compliance). In Alabama, we have 4 horticultural categories governed by the Department of Agriculture; however the offenders generally get a slap on the wrist and a push to get proper licensing. Rarely do you see substantial fines materialize. Now, there is a push to change some laws with tree care, pesticide licensing, and irrigation licensing. And while I am torn on the issues (more about that in a minute), I feel it is in my best interest and that of the industry to get involved in the changes. We will have to live with the changes, so being involved with organizations that work with the Department of Ag. can help make sure that the new laws are reasonable and actually workable.

- About regs, I don't think we "need" them, and I want less government intrusion, less government paperwork, fewer fees, and less burden. But I also see what licensing has done for certain industries, like hair cutting and plumbing. It forces the businesses and operators to become professional, gets a better product to the consumer, and effectively raises the rates for the business and employees. For example, if you want to be a plumber, you have to train and work under someone else for 2 years, then take a test, get your Journeyman's license, then work for like 5 years under a Master Plumber before taking another test. I may be wrong on some of those details, but the point is that you can't just get a truck and call yourself a plumber. We see every day, people get themselves a truck and a chainsaw, and call themselves a tree expert. Or, some guy gets a lawn mower in the back of a truck, and all of a sudden he is a "Landscaper."

- Licensing and more government oversight is the wave of the future, whether we like it or not, so we may as well get involved to make sure we can live with the laws that will be passed and enforced.

Hiring Mexicans to do tree work

And the talk about and bashing of Mexicans is really uncalled for. While I agree that having low wage employees, especially illegals working, is damning to the industry and effectively lowers wages and price, this does not mean that all Hispanics are illegal or cheap. I don't mind going on record to say that people that are here illegally need to be deported, regardless of color or country of origin. But I really can't fault the Hispanics for being here. They can earn higher wages, and send most of it back home to help their families, which is something that most Americans would not even think about doing. They are willing to move thousands of miles away from friends, family, and home to try for a better future; whereas most Americans would rather sit on their butts and collect a check than move across town, much less move clear across the country or globe. Hispanics tend to have great work ethic, which is getting harder and harder to find in the American worker. And they do so because they have to figure things out or starve to death. Our free ride programs have ruined the work ethic inthis country. I have had legal Hispanics that's earned a really nice income. And before you advertise publicly that you won't hire someone because of his heritage, consider the legal consequences, especially in this ever-increasing litigious society. Personally, I don't care what your race, sex, religion, or sexual preference is; I just want people that show up and get the job done. I don't like the idea of hiring someone for their ethnicity or gender either, like affirmative action. I just think it shouldn't matter. I want the best man or woman for the job. But I do find it ironic that the left is so about hiring people for who they are and being fair, and not so much about whether they can do they can do the job or not; meanwhile, Hollywood can look for very specific person to fill a modeling or acting role (white man, 6'2", 195 pounds, muscular build, brown hair, and a mole). If I put out an ad anything similar to that, my butt would be in a court room, if not a jail cell. "Now hiring, white men." Yeah, right! And in this melting pot, don't be surprised to find "mixed" people, like I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back