• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

A Little Logging History From Vancouver Island....Video..

Dave Hadden

Dave Hadden

Addicted to ArboristSite
Don't know if this was ever posted here previously but I suspect some of you loggers would enjoy this five minutes long video documenting the falling, transporting by truck then shipping overseas a pretty good "pole".

From Copper Canyon on Van Isle to England via ship.

Check the size of our timber and how they transported the log using two trucks.

Read the comments under the video for the story.

Take care.

slowp

slowp

Tree Freak
Great pictures! Love the picture of the kids watching it go by. Any idea of what the pole was used for? Classical Gas!

I was somewhere, can't remember where, and a guy said that landowners get excited about having timber that is of pole quality, but lose their excitement when discussing how to haul it out and what needs to be moved. He used wiping out fences and mailboxes as examples.

Dave Hadden

Dave Hadden

Addicted to ArboristSite
Great pictures! Love the picture of the kids watching it go by. Any idea of what the pole was used for? Classical Gas!

I was somewhere, can't remember where, and a guy said that landowners get excited about having timber that is of pole quality, but lose their excitement when discussing how to haul it out and what needs to be moved. He used wiping out fences and mailboxes as examples.

Here's a link with some more photos and info.

I forgot the comments under the video are only visible on the YouTube site so no explanation was visible.

Take care.

MountainHigh

MountainHigh

Selective Tree whacker
Don't know if this was ever posted here previously but I suspect some of you loggers would enjoy this five minutes long video documenting the falling, transporting by truck then shipping overseas a pretty good "pole".

From Copper Canyon on Van Isle to England via ship.
Check the size of our timber and how they transported the log using two trucks.
Read the comments under the video for the story.
Take care.
Cool video Dave ... there's a huge history to the west coast logging industry and I hadn't seen this before.

TheDarkLordChinChin

TheDarkLordChinChin

My name Borat, I like you
This guy has some great west coast videos.

This guy too