A Little Logging History From Vancouver Island....Video..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Don't know if this was ever posted here previously but I suspect some of you loggers would enjoy this five minutes long video documenting the falling, transporting by truck then shipping overseas a pretty good "pole".

From Copper Canyon on Van Isle to England via ship.

Check the size of our timber and how they transported the log using two trucks.

Read the comments under the video for the story.

Take care.

Great pictures! Love the picture of the kids watching it go by. Any idea of what the pole was used for? Classical Gas!

I was somewhere, can't remember where, and a guy said that landowners get excited about having timber that is of pole quality, but lose their excitement when discussing how to haul it out and what needs to be moved. He used wiping out fences and mailboxes as examples.

Great pictures! Love the picture of the kids watching it go by. Any idea of what the pole was used for? Classical Gas!

I was somewhere, can't remember where, and a guy said that landowners get excited about having timber that is of pole quality, but lose their excitement when discussing how to haul it out and what needs to be moved. He used wiping out fences and mailboxes as examples.

Here's a link with some more photos and info.

I forgot the comments under the video are only visible on the YouTube site so no explanation was visible.

http://www.designroots.ca/2018/05/17/__trashed-2/

Take care.

Don't know if this was ever posted here previously but I suspect some of you loggers would enjoy this five minutes long video documenting the falling, transporting by truck then shipping overseas a pretty good "pole".

From Copper Canyon on Van Isle to England via ship.
Check the size of our timber and how they transported the log using two trucks.
Read the comments under the video for the story.

Take care.

Cool video Dave ... there's a huge history to the west coast logging industry and I hadn't seen this before.

Latest posts

Back