A new toy for firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flotek

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just picked this bad boy up at my local dealer it's a 562XP pro saw
Got her for 675$ .. I didn't want the display so I got the guy to get me a brand new one out the box out back of his shop because I wanted the latest flippy cap model with the updates . I Haven't used it yet but I'm excited . And I figure I better get the power box (46$)for this new investment so it's not beating around in my truck bed. Really like the layout of the husky power box

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 405
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 385
Great choice!
Since getting mine, the other saws spend a lot of time sitting. For firewood, it's pretty close to perfect.

I haven't got to use mine very much yet due to the weather. I'm betting it will become my go to saw based on the few hours I've run it..

I have a Stihl ms 180 my wife bought me for Christmas a few years back It is a great little high rpm saw for small work I think between the two saws I'd have a really good combo for firewood .. I'm also thinking of getting a 28" bar for those rare times I may need to swap out the 20" for big wood I think the 562 will pull the. 28" occasionally after a muffler mod before this I ran a 290 farm boss for years so it'll be interesting to feel the difference in power compared to the xp saw I was always a stihl fan but they seem to have pulled out all the tricks on this so I couldn't help myself

Husky has flippy caps now too. If this is true, why the hell would they copy the one thing that STIHL dropped the ball on?

Congrats on the 562. I got a ported 2260 from terry l last fall and its a lightweight powerhouse for a 60 cc saw. I didn't get the flippy caps on it or the 550 I just got, but I believe they are different than the stihls are.

Congrats on the purchase!! Looking forward to your reviews once you put it in some beech or similar hardwood.

How does this saw stack up against a MS361?

I played with it today very powerful and perfectly designed to cut firewood light. Handles amazing doesn't vibrate smooth as silk .. I couldn't help my self and ended up porting the muffler I opened it up pretty good the auto tune compensated flawlessly and now it really blows the chips out with authority ..totally different saw . If there is a way to incorporate more useful well thought features and ergonomics into such a powerful saw I couldn't. Even think how it could be better . The chain speed is so quick it actually whistles at full throttle .I noodled some hemlock and set the carb in some large beech rounds

That's great news that so fare you like your 562. Now all you need is a ne346 or 550 xp. I hear mesapura may have a nib 346.:D

The husky power box carry case is a really nice compliment to it , it has molded forms in the panels to hold all your goodies tools oil manual sharpener ect. . and it folds apart it's really light has a built in handle and it's own scabbard bar cover best 46$ you can spend to protect your investment I'd definitely recommend one for anybody with a mid size husky

Nice saw man! Nice case too. My wife was kind enough to buy me a 455 rancher for my first Father's Day and it came with a free box. Even though it was a very nice gesture, I returned the saw to Lowes and went and bought a 2159 from my local dealer but kept the free box! Best Father's Day present ever. That pretty much confirmed she (the wife) was a keeper (we already knew the 2159 was lol).

Back