A new toy for firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome ... I got same box and 562xp setup as you, and also got the all-in-one husky box for the back seat of my truck. I'm still waiting (feels like forever) for my Techlite bar to be able to run mine.

As KenJax has said here, these Flippy TAB caps are not like Stihls - they are nice. Check out my pics of them by clicking on the link in my sig below.

Any more info on how you gutted your muffler would be great!

I have no pics of it but let me explain I modified the muffler in 3 different stages till I was happy with the performance and tone . The muffler has a screen insert tab that slides in and out a simple Philips screw holds this in you remove the muffler and then the screen tab to allow you access to add a new port beside the existing outlet pipe under the little welded on hood . I opened up a port about 3/8" beside it and tried it out . Saw didn't change much in cut speed and exhaust tone didn't change much either that told me it still needed more flow . So this time I went a little more on it by opening the outlet hole to 1/2 which still was not any discernible improvement ( the screen takes up volume so you almost need to overcompensate your outlet size) so this time I realized the bottle neck is in the back and nothing more to do under that hood outlet ..so I flipped it over where it bolts to the cylinder inside there are two oval inlet holes inside the baffle I went in and opened them one is about a 3/8"the other around 1/4 ...I increased them in diameter . (The 1/4 became 3/8" round And 3/8" became 5/8 "Round ) I then blew out the muffler very good and removed burrs and slide screen back on so it looks stock . Saw came to life now faster response deep exhaust note and no bog of any kind in deep hardwood . Love it the things nasty now. The response is top notch one quick squeeze of the trigger and she's instantly at 14 grand ..I buried the bar in a large beech round and retrained the auto tune carb without a hiccup. . I know a lot of people would be scared to do that to a brand new 750$ saw but I realized some good healthy gains and in my case the auto carb did not require any diagnostic recalibration of any kind . I figure why not get that extra 10-15% of power that's just sitting there for free that the EPA stole from me

And yes these flippy caps are not like the stihls .. Stihl caps were designed by a 10 year old ..The huskys are a screw in like any cap but they flip on the top so you can turn them where the stihls are different and have to snap into a set position to secure them on my ms290 I would refuel and add bar oil and think I got the caps into their given groove position and it looks right ..so you go to cut and look down and there's tons of messy bar oil goo running all down the saw on to your chaps because the stupid cap didn't seat right !or add fuel turn the cap in and stand up and you here * glug glug glug * half the gas pours out onto the ground ..

Nice, thanks for muff mod description, I have a 560 coming tomorrow, same saw, European version and the first thing to do is open up the muffler.

My 562xp is a great saw but i think my MS 361 is the last saw i would get rid of.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's interesting. especially with your dislike for those flippy caps. Must be a great saw - My neighbour has a 360, is your 361 much different?

Congrats
All reports good on this saw. Vibration numbers are low. I thought of this saw when considering a one saw plan. Sometimes I think that a good three-saw plan would comprise of three identical saws. Three 562xps as an example! Maybe one could be a 562xpG. Having three of the same saws has some merit. Especially if your work entails spacing and smaller dimension felling.

That 562xp would also fit in well as the mid-saw in a three saw plan (for a strong man.)
Great choice.

I ordered the large oversize felling dogs for it so that should be here on next couple days I'll give a review and take some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 67
Been waiting 2+ weeks now for my 20" Techlite ... just called dealer and they called Husqvarna Canada - they said mine is on back order and it will be ANOTHER 2 weeks before they can even ship it out :mad: add in another week to get here, and it will have been 5 weeks before I see mine. They're likely sending it over to Canada from Sweden via north pole dog sled o_O after we kicked their hineys in Olympic Hockey :dizzy:

Dealer has offered standard bar while I wait . Decent of them.

20 inches of new snow in the last day !!! Guess I won't be doing much cutting for a bit yet.

The big felling spikes showed up and I installed them here's some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 43
The big felling spikes showed up and I installed them here's some pics

Wait, didn't you just say earlier today that you ordered the spikes & now you have them, WTH? That's fast.
They look good, were they spendy?
Some say that after 5 tanks or so the saw settles in & seems to run better, more power than when new. Did you get a few tanks through before doing the muffler mod or not?
Thanks for the breakdown on doing the muffler, I was planing on leaving mine stock for awhile, but now you've got me thinking.

Back