A New Tree Landed On The One You ID Before

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogsout

Can't Fix Stupid!!
Reaction score
Thanks to all of the responses that replied to my Hickory thread a couple of weeks ago. Well I went out to finish the last of the Hickory tree And lo and behold another tree blew down about 20 Ft away from it. Again I don't have a guess but my buddy that was with me said it was some kind of Elm. The leaves are pretty big for Elm but they do have the jagged edge of an Elm leaf. I put a quarter on the leaf of one to give you an idea of size. Didn't have the camera out in the woods or I would have taken a picture of the bark, but what I can tell you is the bark was really similar to Silver Maple. Any guesses on this one?

Thanks to all of the responses that replied to my Hickory thread a couple of weeks ago. Well I went out to finish the last of the Hickory tree And lo and behold another tree blew down about 20 Ft away from it. Again I don't have a guess but my buddy that was with me said it was some kind of Elm. The leaves are pretty big for Elm but they do have the jagged edge of an Elm leaf. I put a quarter on the leaf of one to give you an idea of size. Didn't have the camera out in the woods or I would have taken a picture of the bark, but what I can tell you is the bark was really similar to Silver Maple. Any guesses on this one?

Mulberry?

Linden makes excellent carving wood, but below average firewood. I do have some ladies that always ask for it. They like it because the sticks are light.

Latest posts

Back