A Nice Dilemma!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboy553

Oakaholic
Reaction score
Within 10 minutes of each other, my two favorite customers called! The first one,my favorite, wants his usual 10 cords delivered! I had barely hung up from his call when my second favorite customer called, wanting his 9 cords delivered! :clap:

Now, the dilemma: I am usually laid off by this time of winter, but this year, we are still working. Not only working, but out of state working, only home on Saturday, then back out on Sunday. Might even work til Christmas, the way this job looks, dang it!

Good thing they are giving me time to get all of it delivered, as long as they each get 2 cords this weekend. Guess I am gonna be busy tomorrow!!

Any more calls for firewood and I may have to look at finding some one to help out. I hate to do that because I think a large factor in repeat sales comes from how I relate to the customer. Or, maybe better yet, how good of a friend the customer thinks I am to him. If he thinks we are great friends, he will buy again. I don't want to rely on a helper to maintain that important link!
Of course, the fact that I have very nice firewood doesn't hurt for repeat sales either!:msp_w00t:

Ted

You are so right in wanting to do it yourself if possible.

Hope you have a BIG truck and/or trailer!.............:msp_biggrin:

You are so right in wanting to do it yourself if possible.

Hope you have a BIG truck and/or trailer!.............:msp_biggrin:

I can only haul one cord at a time. 1/3 cord on truck and 2/3 cord on trailer. If I had a bigger trailer, then would need a bigger truck, and the beat goes on! lol

Ted

Any more calls for firewood and I may have to look at finding some one to help out.

I hate to do that because I think a large factor in repeat sales comes from how I relate to the customer. Or, maybe better yet, how good of a friend the customer thinks I am to him. If he thinks we are great friends, he will buy again. I don't want to rely on a helper to maintain that important link!
Of course, the fact that I have very nice firewood doesn't hurt for repeat sales either!:msp_w00t:

Ted

How you relate to the customer is a big plus. We cut wood on our property but a few years back we met a guy who sells log wood and I now buy two or three loads from him. I can buy logs from another guy but he is such an a$$ I'd rather pay the extra up front.

Like you, he is busy this fall so my 2014 wood will have to wait until he has some free time. When we sold wood in the past, I lost two good customers because my helper was in a bad mood and upset my customers of five years.

Now that the mill is closed, there is a lot of good wood around. You are not only selling nice wood, you are selling your good name.. Knowing what I know now, I would have a helper, but I'd be there at the same time.

Back