A Picture Tour of Timberwolf Furnace Co

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinemartin

tightwad
Reaction score
With everybody talking about shaver classic central boiler and other OWBs, I decided to ask Timberwolf Furnace Co if I could take a tour through their shop. I was invited by a great bunch of guys to come and hang out for a couple days. The resulting pictures and narration of these pictures is what I have to share with all of you. Hope you enjoy the pictures and the Story of How A Timberwolf OWB is Built From Start to Finish.

First 2 pictures are the signs by the road. The next 2 are 2 different views of the 80x120 building.

7cc7e931.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

What I seen when I entered the office

5.jpg

Their office is set up with models of their stove, how to hook it up to your furnace, and hot water side arm. They also had a optional garage heater displayed.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Everything that goes into a Timberwolf stove is made in-house. All sheet metal parts are cut from 3/16 plate. Latches and handles are bent from scratch. They even cut and drill their door hinges.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Their tanks are all hand rolled, several at a time.

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

During assembly the parts fit perfectly together. The guys that work there know how to weld very good.

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

A couple of pictures of the inside of the firebox and air diverter.

48.jpg

49.jpg

When framework is complete the door frame and chimney are covered with 1000 degree rated insulation batting.

48a.jpg

Just like the rest of the welds that go into making these the door and door hinges were welded very nice too. Almost as nice as mine.

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

After the doors are installed they are painted with 1200 degree high temp paint along with the chimney.

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

By the way that building is heated with a monster stove out back.

83.jpg

84.jpg

The logs in the fire were 20 inch in diameter and 3 feet long. That thing would hold almost a full face cord.

That was my Friday. I am going back Monday for the rest of the story and more pictures.

Also this is not a how to build a stove. This is just me bragging about the high quality stove that I own and you could too. If you want one they deliver free up to 300 miles.

Timberwolf Stoves Site

Check them out.

from what I was told Timberwolf Furnace co has been in business for a long time and have dealers in several states like Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Ohio, Kentucky, and Illinois. The unit I have is a model 3500 and for the last 3 years it has kept my gas bill between 12-18 dollars a month year round. From the pictures I have posted so far you can see the quality that goes into them so far I have been more than happy with my purchase. for all of you who have viewed this thread please check back to see Mondays pictures... thanks

Back