a present from the wife

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadthestove

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The wife was doing some shopping a few days ago and texted me and said"I have found you something you desperately need for working in the firewood".I'm thinking boots,gloves etc.every time time were out I'll say something like I really need this for wood work.Hoping she had been paying attention my mind was running a million miles per hour trying to figure out what it was. She brings me an apron tells me it will save the front of my shirts and pants and make laundry easier for her

LOL I figured it would be something to either cover your clothes or a pair of shoe covers so you didn't track dirt in the house.

My wife helps me by telling me the 100th log really isn't that heavy, and if I'm dirty it's suggested I hose down my clothes first and change before going in.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea if your only splitting/moving wood and not running a saw. If it was waterpoof it would be good when working with wet wood to keep from getting soaked. Had to split most of my firewood a few years ago during a bad few weeks of rain. Would have been nice to have something like that.

You need to tell your wife what a great idea it was and how you "really love it"...well, I'm sure you now the drill. But then tell her it will look even better with some artsy fartsy applique and embroidery. Then when she has that done, tell her it is too nice to work around the wood pile :)

Harry K

I used to get "suggestions" from my wife too. So I asked her to prove her way was better. I would then AGREE with her that having her do it was definitely easier for me. Yup, that landed me in the doghouse...well, the woodshed anyway.

I'd be worried if I ran up on a guy wearing an apron in the woods... Especially while weilding a chainsaw...

I bought one of those for working on saws. I wanted one for years and couldnt find one that didnt have flowers on it.:msp_tongue: I finally found one at an Army Navy store in PA. :msp_thumbup:

I once harvested a batch of wood that had gone through a fire. Bark was "peelable" with a drawknife but I would get _very_ dirty at the job. Got a couple butchers aprons frm the local grocery store that cured the problem. Still wear one when I am blowing crap out of the saws.

Harry K

I've worn them in my woodworking shop for years. Really saves wear and tear on the button-down shirts when moving rough-sawn lumber around. I'll have to try it out when splitting wet, snowy wood.

The best way I've found to protect your cloths when doing nasty and/or dirty work is to...

(scroll down)

(keep scrolling)

(almost there)

attachment.php
:hmm3grin2orange:

Looks just like the one in the commercial where the woman is telling the guy with the chainsaw she's got to block him, and the zombies. By the way, mine has a Jonsered logo on it.

Latest posts

Back