A processor question and or challenage ?!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pcoz88

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Is there a processor out there that you can run one person(yes more is better ). Able to self load and have at least 18" capacity and in between 10k to 20 k price wise?!? Well built also . Yes I know you can build one but that's not what Iam asking. Thank you for your time.

Thanks Sir build alot. Have ck them out before, not many people have them or don't want to talk about them. Hard to find an reviews that are not way old.

For that price point and wanting self loading I would think the winch types are all you will find. Cords per hour will be very low though. A good commercial splitter is upwards of 10,000 so you won't get a well built and self loading processor for that. And no you can't build a reliable one for that even using some "free or surplus" parts it all adds up very quickly.

For that price point and wanting self loading I would think the winch types are all you will find. Cords per hour will be very low though. A good commercial splitter is upwards of 10,000 so you won't get a well built and self loading processor for that. And no you can't build a reliable one for that even using some "free or surplus" parts it all adds up very quickly.
Sure you can. But it does come down to how much speed you want. You can buy a $1000 TSC splitter, add a $200 badlands winch from Harbor freight, make a trough for the logs to slide up on and mount you current favorite saw, shoot, buy a new $1200 big saw, add a little scrap metal and be in a very capable wood processor for under $10grand. No youu wont be processing 4crd hr with it, but it should work well and last for a long time.

Look up the firewood factory youtube.
Looks slicker then $hit.
Joystick swaps from.processor.to.log.loader functions.
Bet its pricey tho. And i have no idea of how well it works.
Firewood processors are still a gadget at best. None are perfect.
My dream is to build a processor on one of the prentice log loader trailers using the sawbuck hydraulics.
38' of reach, self loading. 1 man.
20 way wedge.
Handles 30" oak
Ahhh wouldnt that be nice.

Back