A sad day...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought people in here like cutting/splitting wood?

Someone once posted that around Feb 10th is the half way mark for the heating season and a person should have half of their yearly wood supply left. You picked a nice day to toss in some of that wood.. Looks like yo have a lot more snow then I do.
I am still trying to do the math on this one. Seems to me that we would be more than halfway though but then again it depends on how cold March and April are. We have had 75 degrees in early March and other times we've had -9 in April.

Spidey,I like your wood slide, it has to make it easier than chucking it at the hole and wrecking the siding.

I also have an old pickup box trailer just like yours with the chain up tail gate. I bought it at an auction for $9. The tires were bad on it so my father-in-law decided he would help me out and get the tires changed. He proceeded to twist off every lug nut; I never got a chance to use it and it has now sat in the weeds for 25 years.

Someone once posted that around Feb 10th is the half way mark for the heating season and a person should have half of their yearly wood supply left. You picked a nice day to toss in some of that wood.. Looks like yo have a lot more snow then I do.

Old farmer saying : you need half your wood and half your hay by ground hog day

December and January are the dark months. After the sun starts to show a little more I go through less wood. South facing windows really help. I would guess I usually go through 2/3 of my wood before Feb 10th here.

I usually run out of the shed in late March and wheelbarrow as needed from the stacks in the back yard when it isn't muddy. Some years it works out but usually I run short. I use my shed to store the log splitter and tractor so I don't want to have any extra.

beat me to it. scrap carbide, actually...
Yes, I blieve its scrap carbide from used bits and what not from manufacturing. They make great tires but they are really hard to get because they cant make them fast enough. The largest reason is they are recaps and if you are looking for truck tires they dont get enough cores to keep up with the demand.

I want a set of the Icelander tires.

Latest posts

Back