A Spider Just Got Cooked

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got into my truck the other day and was going down the road when something started flying around the wind shield. It was a skeeter, I don't know if this was a new hybrid that could live all year or a sigh that warmer weather was coming, but this one is dead now. We have not had a day that was above 10 degrees in a couple of months.

Michigan? That is one tough skeeter. Good thing you didn't let it breed :eek:

I got into my truck the other day and was going down the road when something started flying around the wind shield. It was a skeeter, I don't know if this was a new hybrid that could live all year or a sigh that warmer weather was coming, but this one is dead now. We have not had a day that was above 10 degrees in a couple of months.

"We have not had a day that was above 10 degrees in a couple of months"
I hope you were joking around. even barrow alaska has been above 10 degrees a handful of times in the last couple of months. unless you live in siberia?:popcorn:

It has been about 70 degrees in the day time for the past three weeks. I was splitting a log and I saw a Lizard in it I opened it up carefully and released him I finished the split and found a cricket. I guess he went in after the cricket. I keep a paper cup with a lit when I split wood in case I see some grubs or beetles I like to feed them to my chickens. There is also a lot of black widow spiders in the wood. I don't think I have been bitten by one of them lately. David

It has been about 70 degrees in the day time for the past three weeks. I was splitting a log and I saw a Lizard in it I opened it up carefully and released him I finished the split and found a cricket. I guess he went in after the cricket. I keep a paper cup with a lit when I split wood in case I see some grubs or beetles I like to feed them to my chickens. There is also a lot of black widow spiders in the wood. I don't think I have been bitten by one of them lately. David

Yup. The chickens like to crowd around when I am splitting wood. Between the grubs, beetles and ants in some pieces and the worms on the ground under the wood the chickens have a nice meal.:rock:

Back