a story of two ladies and a subaru...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually ladies in a Subaru mean they aren't interested in your load....

Going off topic? Out here where we have topography, Subarus are everywhere. Say that to real people and see what happens. Besides, it shouldn't matter unless YOU are uncomfortable with yourself.

Here's how it works. We try to learn things, but the men won't share. My dad wouldn't show me how to use stuff because he was afraid I'd get hurt. So, we do the best we can. Or, the "experts" don't want to help but hope the "ladies" will screw up and give up. Admit it, that's how it works in the real world. Then the "experts" poke fun. Some of us get pissed off and continue and figure things out eventually. I know from experience. You won't know from experience. You are a man,I think--and I don't care what your sexual preference is. Don't even try to say you understand because you saw a movie. You can't know and you don't like the truth.

A Subaru Outback can haul a nice bit of wood. I had to use mine when the snow was too deep for my two wheel drive pickup and I'd stored extra firewood here instead of at my rented house. Because a neighbor had plowed in my road, I ferried the firewood down the hill on a sled to the Subaru.

Patrick: How about a little instruction manual? Videos? Do you include files with the rental? Wedges? I think you are on the right track. Please treat EVERYBODY equally and with respect.

I know of a local Christian man who helped a scared woman stranded when her car went into ditch on a frigid snowy morning ... He hooked up some rope and a few tugs later ,her car was out safely and she was on her way .> Fast forward a week later he gets a letter from her lawyer that he somehow damaged her car and she's seeking money in court ! Keep in mind We live in the middle of nowhere it doesn't get friendlier or more rural here ..Don't believe that because everyone in a small community helps each other that you won't be sued or libel .id be concerned lending or renting anything with a motor or rotating cutter of any kind these days

The Lawyers would make money on this one. I would file a counter lawsuit claiming that it is against my nature to leave someone stuck in a ditch when I have the ability to help, therefore I would like $----.-- for mental anguish and aroma therapy. It might be appropriate for another concerned citizen to administer a "click and clack Dope Slap" to the parties involved.

coming home for Christmas on I-70 in a 1967 dodge pu, left front wheel pretty much fell off. Broken studs... swiped a couple from right rear and got to Glenwood springs. Headed to Napa... No studs available, have to order them. I asked them for anything that would fix well enough to get me home. "Nope" Okay dude.... where is the hardware store? Me and my brother proceeded to the hardware store and came back out with some grade 8 - 1/2" bolts and some wheel nuts. Removed the hub and bolted the hub to the rim and then put back onto truck adjusted the wheel bearing, slapped the cap back on it and proceeded over battle mountain on black ice. Worked fine. That guy in Napa wasn't going to "help" because of worry about liability. Even tho a slight mis-fit wheel stud might have been safer than regular bolts...

LOL
My dad called me today...

"Hey, I'm goin' to Waterloo today b'cause your mother burned up the microwave (huh??) and I was wonderin' what size file ya' use when ya' sharpen my saw??"
It's three-sixteenths dad.
"That can't be right son... three-sixteenths is pretty small."
It's three-sixteenths dad, trust me. Why ya' askin'?? I've got plenty of files; ya' don't need to buy me any.
"I'm gonna' get one for me..."
Oh??
"Yeah... so I can clean it up myself."
Dad, why don't ya' just grab one out'a my shop... mine are good files."
"I'm gonna' be at Blain's... they should have good ones."
You do know ya' need, or should get, files specifically made for sharpening saw chains... right??
"Oh?? Where do ya' get those??"
They should be right by the chainsaw accessories.
"Not in the tools??"
Probably not. Why don't ya' stop at the saw shop and get one from LeRoy... you're gonna' drive right by there.
"LeRoy has files??"
Yeah...
(long pause)
"Maybe I'll come up tomorrow and have ya' sharpen it again... and ya' can give me one of your used files, maybe give me a couple pointers??."
OK... probably best... but I'll give ya' a new file, not a used one.
"I'll pay ya' for it."
Yeah right... ya' gonna' pay me for the ½ dozen beers you'll drink also??
"I can start bringin' my own beer if it bothers ya'."
Just bring the saw crotchety old man.
"See ya' tomorrow."
Yep.

Lord I love that old man... even if he ain't always the sharpest stick in the pile.
I can't wait to hear the story how mom burned up the microwave :laughing:
He prob burned up the microwave.

Sadly it's true, if you instruct someone you have increased your liability if they are injured.
Strange but true!!!

Another thing we were instructed not to do was help people load giant boxes into cars that the box clearly didn't fit in. Or anything that was sticking out of a truck.

Here's how it works. ... ... You can't know and you don't like the truth.
Yeah right... it's that whole "war on women" thing... give me a friggin' break.
It don't work that way out here... must be a west coast thing.
Most women out here would laugh at your whining.

Ya know if everyone took the view that due to liability I am not going to do or allow anything that may put me at risk the world would be a pretty crappy place and I would be burning LP right now. I have no access to firewood on my own property and am dependent on very nice farmers in the area that luckily don't see things that way. Knowing that indeed they probably are putting themselves at some risk letting me cut wood on their property does not go unnoticed by me, and I thank them every chance I get. For the record knowing what I know now from this thread I would still stop and help someone in the ditch anyway I could, lawsuit or not.

Going off topic? Out here where we have topography, Subarus are everywhere. Say that to real people and see what happens. Besides, it shouldn't matter unless YOU are uncomfortable with yourself.

Here's how it works. We try to learn things, but the men won't share. My dad wouldn't show me how to use stuff because he was afraid I'd get hurt. So, we do the best we can. Or, the "experts" don't want to help but hope the "ladies" will screw up and give up. Admit it, that's how it works in the real world. Then the "experts" poke fun. Some of us get pissed off and continue and figure things out eventually. I know from experience. You won't know from experience. You are a man,I think--and I don't care what your sexual preference is. Don't even try to say you understand because you saw a movie. You can't know and you don't like the truth.

A Subaru Outback can haul a nice bit of wood. I had to use mine when the snow was too deep for my two wheel drive pickup and I'd stored extra firewood here instead of at my rented house. Because a neighbor had plowed in my road, I ferried the firewood down the hill on a sled to the Subaru.

Patrick: How about a little instruction manual? Videos? Do you include files with the rental? Wedges? I think you are on the right track. Please treat EVERYBODY equally and with respect.
Good morning sunshine. I'm not going to respond to your attempts to troll but did want to wish you a good day.

I know of a local Christian man who helped a scared woman stranded when her car went into ditch on a frigid snowy morning ... He hooked up some rope and a few tugs later ,her car was out safely and she was on her way .> Fast forward a week later he gets a letter from her lawyer that he somehow damaged her car and she's seeking money in court ! Keep in mind We live in the middle of nowhere it doesn't get friendlier or more rural here ..Don't believe that because everyone in a small community helps each other that you won't be sued or libel .id be concerned lending or renting anything with a motor or rotating cutter of any kind these days
iowa is a no fault state for things like that!!!! here,, you could tell that cheating lawyer,, to take a hike. as spidey said........

Here's how it works. We try to learn things, but the men won't share. My dad wouldn't show me how to use stuff because he was afraid I'd get hurt. So, we do the best we can.
Men won't share? Sounds like you have some daddy issues to figure out.
My Dad quit burning wood when I was 7 yrs old after he got too busy with work. I didn't learn many useful skills from him because he was always working. So when I decided to install a wood stove in my home as an adult I had to research everything, ask questions, and learn as I went. Sorry you have a chip on your shoulder. The whole "I am woman hear me roar" attitude is ridiculous.

iowa is a no fault state for things like that!!!! here,, you could tell that cheating lawyer,, to take a hike. as spidey said........
Yep... pretty much.
If she agreed to let him pull the vehicle out'a the ditch, she'd need to prove malicious intent on his part before she'd have a case.
Basically... she gave permission to some non-professional stranger to hook a rope to her car and yank it out'a the ditch... ya' get what ya' get.
The judge would scold her, then make her pay all the court and lawyer costs.

It's good to live in common sense fly-over country... ain't it oly??

Yep... pretty much.
If she agreed to let him pull the vehicle out'a the ditch, she'd need to prove malicious intent on his part before she'd have a case.
Basically... she gave permission to some non-professional stranger to hook a rope to her car and yank it out'a the ditch... ya' get what ya' get.
The judge would scold her, then make her pay all the court and lawyer costs.

It's good to live in common sense fly-over country... ain't it oly??
dang right,,tho divorce laws in iowa are archaic..............

You guys might get a chuckle outta this one.

I work in a store up here that has a rental dept. unfortunately this includes a couple chainsaws. a couple days ago a saw was rented out by Mark, and they came back and got a one of the Husky's... I was back there yesterday when the equipment came back. The girls did get some wood cut, and they admitted that the Subaru bottomed out a few times on the way out... Subaru?? Okay, then I looked at what is left of the chain on the saw... rocked out. No big deal, expected. They took off, and I checked out the rest of the thing. It takes dedication to burn up the bar. Looks like she was leaning pretty hard on the thing with that chain to get it to cut!:(

I talked to the management, and maybe perhaps I should get a small pile of wood down to the store so that I could atleast offer a short course in "how to cut".

I gotta give those ladies a E for effort tho. It takes some guts to buy a permit, rent a saw, and haul in a subaru! I should get ahold of them as they still have permits left and offer to provide the truck and I can do the cutting and get a couple loads out... idea!

You're just one horny dude aren't you.:bowdown::bowdown:

Yeah some are crooked as hell. My sister is a nurse and hurt her back moving a patient and was on workman's comp for a while and the health care company she was working for wanted to settle with a lump sum instead of pay her monthly.

Anyways when they had to go to court to determine the amount for the settlement her lawyer told her every time she goes to court have someone push you into court in a wheelchair[emoji23] i $hit you not lol. She walked into court both times she had to go.

She's back to work now at a hospital, but what a crooked bastard he was[emoji1]

My friend manages an office with about twenty people. One time a lady faked a fall on the ice and milked it out for about 9 months of pay. During the time she was at home and was deemed "physically unable to sit at a desk" she went skydiving. RUFKM!

Latest posts

Back