A Sunday, MS250, Red Oak and me. Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Done a little cutting today, All with the 250. Nothing big yet just the limbs. There will be about four truckloads of just limbs off this monster. The trunk will require the use of the 460 with the 25 inch bar. There will be several truckloads on the trunk. It's about 38 inches across and several feet long. The little 250 works real good in hardwoods and is light. Used a 18 inch bar and rsc chain. It was kinda hot though, Got a little heat exausted. Not as young as i used to be. I usually drink gatorade when i cut in the summer, But didn't have any. And ya'll thought all i did was beg for rep. LOL I do actually cut a little wood from time to time.

1st load.

chainsaws049.jpg

chainsaws050.jpg

2nd load and a very heat exausted me.
chainsaws051.jpg

chainsaws052.jpg

Last edited:
Hey SS, cool pics!....Ditch that black shirt for white and you'll feel a whole lot cooler. :cheers:

LOL .... nice pics of those "limbs" that you cut up. We don't see many firewood trees bigger than those limbs around here so hence my laughter.

I just split up a bit over two cords of birch today with my Fiskars and they were about the size of those limbs that you cut up. That's what I like about this site - seeing the big wood keeps me humble!

:cheers:

LOL .... nice pics of those "limbs" that you cut up. We don't see many firewood trees bigger than those limbs around here so hence my laughter.

I just split up a bit over two cords of birch today with my Fiskars and they were about the size of those limbs that you cut up. That's what I like about this site - seeing the big wood keeps me humble!

:cheers:
Thanks, It was kinda hard getting to, The tree had blown over and took about six trees with it. Their were spring poles everywhere. Had to study every limb i cut to see if it was gonna spring up on me. Plus all the trees it took with it was wanting to move around as it was cut up. Had to do a little studying before the chainsaw hit it.

Nice loads. looks like your truck was holding up a little better than you were. Hope you got somebody to help you load the trunk. Or are you going to split on site? I was with you this weekend in the heat. Its got to be worse there than in OH.

Nice loads. looks like your truck was holding up a little better than you were. Hope you got somebody to help you load the trunk. Or are you going to split on site? I was with you this weekend in the heat. Its got to be worse there than in OH.
Nah, Cut and loaded myself.Always have. I will drag the splitter on site for the big rounds. I will take some pics of them. Gonna start on the trunk this afternoon.Cut a truckload of limbs yesterday afternoon, but didn't take a pic. Once youv'e seen one load of wood the others get boring to look at. My worst deal now is the ticks, Keep pullin em off and i sprayed real good with off. Yeah the truck probably did come out better.LOL I had gatorade yesterday so the heat didn't bother me none.

Okay, here are the pics of the big rounds. Some of them are hollow. didn't expect it to be so far down. They were full of stinky water. The saw was spittin water and look like mud for a while there. It's gonna be a mess to clean up. The old 460 was really running good. Now all is left is to get the splitter back in there and bust em up to get on the truck.

chainsaws056.jpg

chainsaws055.jpg

chainsaws058.jpg

chainsaws057.jpg

chainsaws060.jpg

chainsaws061.jpg

chainsaws062.jpg

chainsaws059.jpg

Last edited:
"Recognize this stuff, The woods are full of it."

Yea, I've been dancing with that "stuff" a lot, lately! :givebeer:

Great pics of you with the big rounds! Who shot those pics for ya? Thanks for sharing.....Good stuff! :cheers:

Good Post Bro,

Looks like the old Ford's hanging in there pretty well. That's a great wood truck you got there. Those hollows will still be ok when you break them up and they dry. Beauty of that wood is it's either rotten or good and not much punk in between. :cheers:

Seeing your pics reminds me of the wood handling tool I would like...the cant hook (or a hookeroon would be nice also). That wedge pouch looks handy also...where's my Bailey's catalogue...:) .

Kevin

Thanks for all the complements, I went back this afternoon to clean up so i could get the log splitter in there. Was useing the 250 for small stuff and it died. It would not start back up. Tried new plug and no go. It has no fire, my guess is the coil has took a dump. I can put the plug in the boot on the wire and hold the end of the plug and pull the rope and nothing, no shock. Sounds like a coil to me.

The 025/250 is the most underrated saw Stihl ever made. Those things are bullet proof.

Oops I think you spoke too soon! Just sort of funny seeing those posts back to back. Were you trying to hex the poor guy? I know you were talking about overall longevity.

Back