A Sunday, MS250, Red Oak and me. Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is great to see you using the personal protective equipment! So many people refrain from using PPE no matter what they are doing. I hate to see someone mowing the grass without safety glasses. It only takes a micro second to put an eye out....

Again, thanks for reinforcing the safety aspect of cutting!!! Great job!!! :clap:

It is great to see you using the personal protective equipment! So many people refrain from using PPE no matter what they are doing. I hate to see someone mowing the grass without safety glasses. It only takes a micro second to put an eye out....

Again, thanks for reinforcing the safety aspect of cutting!!! Great job!!! :clap:

+1. I also wear safety glasses while mowing...especially where I have been splitting wood. I also wear them while using air to blow off my saws, using carb cleaner or any other cleaning solution that might splash up in my face, or doing anything that might cause injury to my eyes...some previous experience has taught me well...

Kevin

Finally about to finish this project First pics are the ones that have been stacked so far and the other two is what's left. Spent all day sunday splitting it. The two rows stacked are 24 feet long and 6 foot high. There is probably more than that still not stacked. You really can't see how much is left to stack from the pics.

chainsaws064.jpg

chainsaws065.jpg

What's left to stack.

chainsaws066.jpg

chainsaws067.jpg

What's left over from last winter.

chainsaws068.jpg

Oak looks good
250 looks good
Ford pickem up looks good

But your ugly:popcorn:

Really good load there SS.

But the part I like the best is you've shown that you really can do an awful lot of work with a 45cc saw. Lot's of guys think you need a 70cc saw with a modded muffler to get any work done.

Great job!

Really good load there SS.

But the part I like the best is you've shown that you really can do an awful lot of work with a 45cc saw. Lot's of guys think you need a 70cc saw with a modded muffler to get any work done.

Great job!
The first three truckloads were cut with a MS250 The trunk of it was cut with a MS460 with a 25 inch bar. Stock though no mods.

Well hate to bring back an old thread, But i got the 250 repaired. It was the coil i kinda knew it was. now my question is, are the coils on the 250 cheap and not gonna last long or was it just a fluke. It had only 4 tanks on it when it crapped out. I know how sawtroll would answer this one.LOL Just wondering if anyone else had one go out.

Hmmm...

I've had old coils on old Stihl saws take a dump. Not new ones.

Nice firewood action. I still need about five more truckloads to last me this winter. And I have a 12 foot flatbed!:dizzy:

I'm a big proponent of handling firewood as few times as possible. I split it from the ground before it goes on my truck and then it goes straight from the truck to the stack. Would such an arrangement work for you where you are? It looks as if it would save you some work.:cheers:

. Would such an arrangement work for you where you are? It looks as if it would save you some work.:cheers:
Ive done that before, My problem was i had to get it out before the next hard rain set in. The tree was in kinda of a bottomland, So it is hard to get my truck back in there when it is wet. So had to get it out as fast as possible.

Latest posts

Back