a sweet husqvarna 44

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acarpenterdad

I like Husqvarna chainsaws...
Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post this. my father-in-law passed last year. He lived with us for the last 6 years and he brought an old Husqvarna 44 chainsaw. when I stored it it was a dirty grimy mess and I thought it was just junk to throw away eventually. well I finally got to looking at it last week and realized I might have a real gem on my hands ! After dumping the gas out, which had to be at least 15 years old, I squirted some oil in in the plug hole, put in a new spark plug, cleaned the air filter, put in some new fuel, and fired it up on the 3rd pull. it ran sweet ! I also checked the piston and cylinder wall which looked almost new from what I could see. does anybody know where I can get a parts list manual pdf ? the oil cap is missing and there's a shroud type rubber strip that was around the carburetor that just fell apart. I'll post a pic of it from my phone. Thanks !

I hope this is the right place to post this. my father-in-law passed last year. He lived with us for the last 6 years and he brought an old Husqvarna 44 chainsaw. when I stored it it was a dirty grimy mess and I thought it was just junk to throw away eventually. well I finally got to looking at it last week and realized I might have a real gem on my hands ! After dumping the gas out, which had to be at least 15 years old, I squirted some oil in in the plug hole, put in a new spark plug, cleaned the air filter, put in some new fuel, and fired it up on the 3rd pull. it ran sweet ! I also checked the piston and cylinder wall which looked almost new from what I could see. does anybody know where I can get a parts list manual pdf ? the oil cap is missing and there's a shroud type rubber strip that was around the carburetor that just fell apart. I'll post a pic of it from my phone. Thanks !

The Beg for Manuals Thread
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...he-Beg-for-Manuals-Thread.68615/&share_type=t

Erik

20190105_232137.jpg 20190105_232137.jpg
thanks!

My
Hope for a local part did'nt pan out so I'll have to start web browsing to find them

I got a cap (not OEM) From a local shop. $2 and I'm good to go. I'll test the oil pump and make sure everything is working before I start sinking $$ into it.

oil pump works fine. it was spitting oil out in globs with the chain on. i noticed the chain didn't sit well in the bar though. the bar said it was a .058 gauge but i measured it with my digital calipers and it read .077. so, after a new bar and chain i cut some hedge wood and it ran very well ! looks like i got me a keeper !

Latest posts

Back