A Tale of Three Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you seem to be the only one that wont let it die.

Video's and times from video's are too subjective anyway, don't know why you care so much about something that is none of your business. The guy bought said saw, and likes it. So WTF?

Will, Im sorry that was the way it worked out. I really am. I wish the results could have been better. But by all means if the customer is happy with 4-5% gains then thats all that matters.
Ive said what I meant to say and thats it. As far as Im concerned I have nothin else to say other than I have lost a ton of respect for you and Brad and anyone else that tries to tell the AS community that there was 30% gain in that saw. You may wanna just let it rest while your ahead Will. You can go on and do what ya need to do to make me look like the bad guy, I really dont care because Will, I have the truth by my side. And its like my daddy told me son.....The truth will stand when the world's a fallin.....:)

As far as Im concerned I have nothin else to say other than I have lost a ton of respect for you and Brad and anyone else that tries to tell the AS community that there was 30% gain in that saw.

Now wait one second. Where did I say that saw did or did not have a 30% gain? And what about the PMs we traded and you told me you have no beef with me? That's certainly not what I'm seeing here. If you don't want there to be a beef between us, then don't create it.

A rant or just the cold hard truth?
Sometimes it's not what you have to say, but how you say it that tells the truth. It's obvious you have an agenda. Again, I don't want a beef between us. Just stop the crap.

You've lost respect for me???????????????!!!!!!!!!! WTF dude, honestly I don't give a rats ass what you think of me. I never disputed anything, and I never do on these forums, I never said it was 30% or 5%. I'm just saying is all, all I read is post after post of you ranting away. So take it as you might. I'll lose no sleep tonight knowing that you don't respect me.

Will, ole buddy, please accept my apology then. I meant no disrespect as you did not say whether gains were made or not.
But Will, please bear in mind that I was only tellin the truth, or as the home boys in the joint used to say "just keepin it real"
:rocker:

Now wait one second. Where did I say that saw did or did not have a 30% gain? And what about the PMs we traded and you told me you have no beef with me? That's certainly not what I'm seeing here. If you don't want there to be a beef between us, then don't create it.

Sometimes it's not what you have to say, but how you say it that tells the truth. It's obvious you have an agenda. Again, I don't want a beef between us. Just stop the crap.

Your right Brad you didnt say you got 30% gain......but you sure as heck didnt say you didnt either.....in other words were lettin people believe that those gains were made? if not then I apologize. Just the truth Brad, nothin but the truth. And yes in the pms i did say no more beefs between us but its like i said, i wasnt gonn sit there and let that 30% gain claim slide right on by. But you would.

Your right Brad you didnt say you got 30% gain......but you sure as heck didnt say you didnt either.....in other words were lettin people believe that those gains were made? if not then I apologize. Just the truth Brad, nothin but the truth. And yes in the pms i did say no more beefs between us but its like i said, i wasnt gonn sit there and let that 30% gain claim slide right on by. But you would.

There was only one sentence in one post that mentioned 30% gains. I didn't make that statement and I didn't endorse or solicit that statement. When MCW says the saw is significantly stronger than a stock 660, then you can take it to the bank. He has far more experience behind a saw than you or myself combined. Bottom line, it's very difficult to show the gains made in a saw with a video. I did not test that particular saw in the same wood before and after, so I'm making no claims as to a percentage gain.

Hang on guys this is what i said

So with the second log dryish Spotted Gum

Stock 660 and standard chain .022'' rakers best time 21.56

Modded 660 and filed rakers at .040'' best time 15.10

Thats 30 % farster

All im saying is the modded saw with a more aggresive chain cuts farster than a stock saw with standard chain.

Thats just it Brad. Im not making money off good people. If I did I would be an honest broker about it.

You're talking about that which you know nothing about. I delivered exactly what was requested. You're the one coming up will all these percentage numbers. MCW is very pleased with the performance of the saw. He has a MS660 with 180 PSI compression turning 2K RPMs more than a stock 660. I can build an even stronger saw, but I built him a saw solid work saw that stands up to the rigors of working in well over 100°F heat and never misses a beat.

Let me make one thing very clear. I don't need to please you. It's obvious that you have no interest in the performance of this saw. You're only goal is to try and tear me down. It takes a mighty little man, and I use that term loosely, to talk about something he knows nothing about, and take pot shots at someone else.

"never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience every time"

quote from the paper a few weeks ago and highly appropriate at this time i feel

I won't comment on certain posts made so far, but, posts like that make me wonder what guests think of us when they visit !
Chainsaw's unlike tractors for example can't be easily hooked up to a Dyno and be "read" to give an accurate power band etc. and even using same bars & chains on a video test is still at best a guess, i.e. knots, pressure applied etc.
I recently bought a saw from Brad, 441, and having followed his work since 2007 I did so without hesitation as he has always been forthcoming and if makes a mistake is the first one to admit it.
As to the saw read my post "Working with a modded saw"
The most important question I asked Brad was, what power compared to a 460 ? he replied that it was more. Well having owned and worked 3 460's he undersold the saw, it has more power and is better in it's delivery of that power than a standard 460.
I am not for a moment saying "Brad is the best" etc but the man has integrity and a good depth of knowledge and has a good few saw's out there working and I know I'll be buying another.

I won't comment on certain posts made so far, but, posts like that make me wonder what guests think of us when they visit !
Chainsaw's unlike tractors for example can't be easily hooked up to a Dyno and be "read" to give an accurate power band etc. and even using same bars & chains on a video test is still at best a guess, i.e. knots, pressure applied etc.
I recently bought a saw from Brad, 441, and having followed his work since 2007 I did so without hesitation as he has always been forthcoming and if makes a mistake is the first one to admit it.
As to the saw read my post "Working with a modded saw"
The most important question I asked Brad was, what power compared to a 460 ? he replied that it was more. Well having owned and worked 3 460's he undersold the saw, it has more power and is better in it's delivery of that power than a standard 460.
I am not for a moment saying "Brad is the best" etc but the man has integrity and a good depth of knowledge and has a good few saw's out there working and I know I'll be buying another.

Well said Dave...All that is left is to call in "MYTH BUSTERS" and have them do one of their scientifically controlled tests.

:msp_biggrin:

Thanks Dave. I appreciate that. HillBilly, what you think and say is of no concern to me. All you're doing is making yourself to look like a fool.

Hang on guys this is what i said

[Area where Stihlman441 previously said stuff]

All im saying is the modded saw with a more aggresive chain cuts farster than a stock saw with standard chain.

You may want to put a stock chain on that ported 660 and try again and see how it compares to that older saw time as well. People like to see apples compared to apples. You'd be amazed how much faster I can make a chain cut with 15 minutes and a file. And if it only needs to last a few cuts, you can be very aggressive with a chain for a short video.

You may want to put a stock chain on that ported 660 and try again and see how it compares to that older saw time as well. People like to see apples compared to apples. You'd be amazed how much faster I can make a chain cut with 15 minutes and a file. And if it only needs to last a few cuts, you can be very aggressive with a chain for a short video.

Actually the more aggressive chain on the stock saw would be a better comparison, and I'd bet the time difference will be much the same. ie, the stock saw/aggressive chain won't get anywhere near the modded saw aggressive chain combo.

Back