ArboristSite.com Sponsors

A tragic accident.

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by 1Alpha1, Feb 7, 2019.

1. 1Alpha1

1Alpha1 100% USDA certified abnormality-free.

Depends on who's looking for me.....and why.
    Today, just about 90 min. ago, a 14 yr.old male was struck by a car and killed. This occurred about 3/4 of a mile from where we live. I know the area in question very well.

The area is a four way intersection, ringed by small businesses. Truckers that make deliveries, usually have to park in the middle of the road, as the business's parking lots and driveways are too small for them to utilize.

That's what occurred today. The tractor / trailer was parked in the middle of the road, and the 14 yr. old male darted out from behind the trailer and into the street and into on-coming traffic. He died at the scene.

When we drove by, the street was taped off to any traffic, and numerous LE cars were present. We had no idea at the time what had taken place. Approx. 20 min. later, the local radio stationed reported on the accident.

My wife was pretty shook up. Some family is going to suffer horribly today. The area that it happened at, is busy with foot traffic all the time. Not all pedestrians respect the traffic lights and often cross against them. Way too many cross at mid street, as this young man did.

SeMoTony likes this.
  2. yooper

yooper Tree Freak

My greatest fear in life is having something horrible to happen to my children and my grandchildren. Unfortunately I suffer with anxiety.

What a horrible thing to happen to that family. I feel sad for the suffering they will have to go through. I learned a long time ago that life isn't always fair.

crowbuster and farmer steve like this.
  3. ammoaddict

ammoaddict ArboristSite Guru

Such a tragedy, praying for all involved.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

4. hanniedog

hanniedog Addicted to ArboristSite

Prayers to all involved. The family, driver and first responders

5. unclemoustache

unclemoustache My 'stache is bigger than yours.

Dang. Losing a kid is hard. Harder than anything you will ever endure. Prayers for the family.

SeMoTony likes this.
  6. 1Alpha1

1Alpha1 100% USDA certified abnormality-free.

Depends on who's looking for me.....and why.
    A child dying like this really tears at my guts. It always has. I've seen way too much, the end results that can and do occur. I've responded to calls like this in the past. They always leave you feeling empty inside.

Because of his age, I doubt that any news source will reveal the child's identity, until some time has passed. I can only imagine how bad the parents feel. If he had siblings, it's going to be devastating. :(

SeMoTony likes this.
  7. neely

neely Addicted to ArboristSite

So tragic, God Bless this Family ;

8. holeycow

holeycow Addicted to ArboristSite

14 year olds are so full of life, intelligence, and energy.

So sad to hear about that.

9. Ted Jenkins

Ted Jenkins Firewood by TJ

A friend of mine ran into a kid at a track and severed his spine. He also was 14. A few guys crashed going over a good size double then the kid piled into the mess. He never looked behind him, but stood up when my friend plowed into him. Words some times are hard to come by at those moments. I am thankful it was not me. Thanks

10. spyder62

spyder62 Addicted to ArboristSite

It’s sad! I think modern day kids don’t have a lot of the basic everyday skills most of us older people have. Having a paper route and going fishing every day across a busy road tought me some skills that are lacking with today’s youth. I’m worried when my own kids cross busy roads. Life experience’s pay off

11. Little Al

Little Al Addicted to ArboristSite

My thoughts & feeling go out to the boys family& to the driver invoved & this is in no way of being anything but a statement of fact sadly the boy was a part of his own demise, possibly you saw my post from couple or more weeks back one of our class fallers & GF were returning from a house viewing on his motor cycle when they were hit by a disqualiifed /dui pick up truck driver the truck being on the wrong side of the rod (Eli GFdeceased at scence "T" died 1 hour later in operating theatre 29/26 years old & doing absolutely no wrong Some times I wonder why the good are taken