• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy A well taken care of saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stheis004

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm a full time arborist and have been getting into more side work lately. Pretty much only experienced with pro models but for now just looking for a decent saw at a decent price. I've never gotten too much into chainsaw specs as I focus more on climbing. I have a good enough climbing saw, if I could nab one from my work the 362 would be perfect for my needs...looking to be around $200...thanks

I'm a full time arborist and have been getting into more side work lately. Pretty much only experienced with pro models but for now just looking for a decent saw at a decent price. I've never gotten too much into chainsaw specs as I focus more on climbing. I have a good enough climbing saw, if I could nab one from my work the 362 would be perfect for my needs...looking to be around $200...thanks

Sort of low for a "well taken care of saw"

You can expect to pay more for that

So you're looking for a ~60cc saw in good condition, for about $200? That's going to be tough, especially if you hope for a pro model. Even older 60cc pro saws typically go for more unless they need work. Can you say more about your needs?

Thanks for the input guys, maybe that's too optimistic then. At this point my needs are vague ha, I've had a few jobs where I'm borrowing friends saws to finish the removal after a trees been topped out if that helps any...

Thanks for the input guys, maybe that's too optimistic then. At this point my needs are vague ha, I've had a few jobs where I'm borrowing friends saws to finish the removal after a trees been topped out if that helps any...
There's a 362 in the Trading Post. I just bought one in mint condition.

That side looks pretty good…where are the "not pretty" sides?

Heh, thanks. It's just that the plastics have discolored over time, a few scuffs on the clutch cover, etc. It was a personal firewood saw, and not especially 'well taken care of' by its original owner. He toasted the original top end, installed a cheap AM set, made a mess of the installation, bent the shaft of the decomp, kept running it and ruined the AM top end too. I swapped in a good used OEM cylinder and piston, with a new ring, and replaced a few other minor parts. Has the updated partition wall / intake clamp.

I have picked up a number of "pro" 60 and 70cc saws in the $30-100 range. Albeit they all needed some degree of work, and new parts, but it is possible to fulfill your criteria with some know how, and sweat equity.
Start befriending the folks at your local independent OPE dealerships. Bring doughnuts, jokes, and an easy going manner. Eventually, after a couple of visits, ask about abandoned saws, or blown up ones, and you may be surprised at the deals you may be offered.

I have picked up a number of "pro" 60 and 70cc saws in the $30-100 range. Albeit they all needed some degree of work, and new parts, but it is possible to fulfill your criteria with some know how, and sweat equity.
Start befriending the folks at your local independent OPE dealerships. Bring doughnuts, jokes, and an easy going manner. Eventually, after a couple of visits, ask about abandoned saws, or blown up ones, and you may be surprised at the deals you may be offered.

Good idea, I may try that option, thanks.

Make sure they are fancy gourmet doughnuts though and not your run of the mill grocery store swill.

I have a Husqvarna 359, not especially pretty but in good mechanical shape, that's probably worth about $200 without a bar and chain. I was planning to put it up on eBay. That's roughly what you're looking at on your budget.

View attachment 445274

That's a pretty damn nice saw offer Jon is making to you right there- Just sayin...

I'm interested, but 2nd in line...

Gotcha. I figured that since you were the OP, that you probably had dibs and were on the fence- I was just trying to give you a push if you were. You came to the right place- GLW your Search.

yeah, i frequent a few other forums, but this one does seem to have the niche for saws, thanks

Back